MNEK - General Discussion | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

MNEK - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sushimuffin, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

This is definitely more in the vain of the deep house stuff he'd been doing with Duke Dumont, Gorgon City, etc, but there are little flourishes all over the place in this that give it so much character: the perfectly timed strings that come in and out on the second verse and then again at the very end of the song, the way the instrumental drops out in the second verse so we can hear him harmonizing with himself and generating an echo effect. That decision to forgo a middle 8 and go straight into a belted version of the final chorus is a move straight out of "We Belong Together".

2. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Kiesza and MNEK both nailing it in one day. Could not be more pleased, especially since I didn't care much for 'Every Little Word'.

3. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

This is much better than Every Little Word

4. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I can't get over how utterly gaudy all of his songs are, this being no exception.

5. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

The vocals on the new track do have a very Mariah kinda build up to the climax at the end.

6. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

This is quite nice, am I the only person that prefers Every Little Word?

7. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Best description of the song so far.

8. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

At mentions of a belting final chorus I was wary, normally because I find his higher range appealing in limited doses, but it was actually rather restrained. I like it, although not as much as Every Little Word.

9. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I almost gave up on this song and then I fast forward to the last 30 seconds. Suddenly it became brilliant. It's a lil slow to get going, but when it does...

10. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Much better than Every Little Word. This is proper jam! I hope this does well on the charts

11. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I can see Radio 1 getting behind this one. Really great song.

12. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I don't like it. Sorry.

13. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

He isn't going to happen, he really needs to give up.

14. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Even more brilliant the next day. Hope this is a hit for him.

15. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

I hated the first single, but I like this song. That said, I think he needs to start evolving/switching his sound up a little, as it's already beginning to sound slightly stale.

16. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Bye.

17. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Obsessed with Wrote a Song About You. It's genius.

18. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

No, I do too. This is lovely, but I am getting a bit tired of this house revival. It sounds really 'tidy' and 'proper', like dance music for people who don't like actually dancing but just want something trendy sounding in the background while sipping martinis at the latest hotspot.

19. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

Like with any revival of a genre there's good and bad music being released and it can get tiring when everyone jumps on the bandwagon. I Wrote A Song About You meshes house with pop better than most artists have done at the moment, but I hope he doesn't end up chasing the trend for a hit.

20. Re: MNEK (Debut Album)

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.