MNEK | Page 93 | The Popjustice Forum

MNEK

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sushimuffin, Sep 20, 2011.

1. No Mercy, Haddaway, and Everything But The Girl on the party line.

That really was the sound of US dance music at a time where you couldn’t swing a dead cat without hearing Spanish guitar over a rhythmic bass.

mcuk, Andy French, LPT and 2 others like this.
  2. I'm bopping in all its 2003 Romanian Europop glory!

spaceship likes this.
  3. It's good, hopefully it does as well as Head & Heart.

spaceship likes this.
  4. He remains a flawless vocalist and top tier songwriter (what a hook) but sweet god this production. It’s fun in a drunk and playing the BPG Classique rate playlist getting into my 2011 clerb days

LGStan93, Txetxu and sesita like this.
  5. I’ve been revisiting this bop and realized MNEK has been doing the damn thing for nearly a decade now:

6. This is geiunaly one of my favourite songs of that era. All three of Misha's early singles were so good - I wish we got that album.

7. Fixed!

jawow_ and LPMA like this.
  8. Let me tell you I am obsessed with Where Did You Go, whew. Sometimes all you need is a basic bop, hope it smashes!

mattieh likes this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

10. What a boppppo

Laurence likes this.
  11. Cardboard Box by FLO is also excellent. Sis is not letting us breathe.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    JasonJay, jawow_ and SiduousIII like this.
  12. Love this, the talent!

13. This is exactly the sort of bop I consistently crave from him.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    B.A.D. and nooniebao like this.
  14. Re-listened to his album this morning. It's really good and totally fits with his vision to make a Velvet Rope/Writing's On The Wall style sound world.

It's a shame it didn't get the level of recognition it deserved but creative successes aren't always a commercial success. It'll be reappraised at some point as a hidden gem of the2010s.

15. I really hope given the success of his collabs and continued success as a writer, he is able to get another record out soon! I know the debuts underperformance really hurt him personally and the deck is stacked against an outspoken gay Black man (not to mention @BEST FICTION ‘s hex) but his voice is incredible and his style is very in right now

IBreakTheDawn, OlliMaus, mcuk and 2 others like this.
  16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It's one of the albums I'm happiest to own!

sesita, OlliMaus, evilsin and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.