MØ - Live To Survive | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

MØ - Live To Survive

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Yeah I was hesitant to give Theme Song a listen but it’s fantastic.

swim likes this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This whole album still holds so fucking well, and Theme Song knocks so hard.

OlliMaus, Guest member and swim like this.
  3. Theme Song really doesn't have any business being this good. That chorus is hauntingly beautiful.

Guest member and swim like this.
  4. Um Theme Song is wonderful. Bossa MØva is not something I knew I needed.

Guest member and swim like this.
  5. I've had Red Wine stuck in my head all day.

Ferk and Judy Jetson Hooker like this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album is FILLED with potential singles, a shame she hasn't been able to capitalise on it.

OlliMaus, sesita, GCZ and 3 others like this.
  7. I’m still taken with this album. There are a couple clunkers but I Want You, Blur, If It’s Over, Imaginary Friend and Purple Like the Summer Rain are some of my favorite songs from last year. She has a remarkable way of voicing rampant anxiety and self induced loneliness.

Island, sesita, elektroxx and 4 others like this.
  8. That "Purple Like the Summer Rain" reign just won't let up. I absolutely adore that song. It's lush, summery, and transportive. I think it's my most-played MØ song.

9. Same. I fucking love the melody for it.

I love my Japanese physical CD version of this album, as it includes Kamikaze, Final Song & Nights With You.

I can't believe she took forever to release this and then it does nothing. POOR IT.

tylerc904 and superultra like this.
  10. I bought the Japanese version as well, it was the only way to go really.

11. I only wish it had the New Year’s song to wrap up all the orphan singles.

12. This video came out a bit late, but yas, a bop.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

These videos a year after the (highly underrated) album's come out......sis.

Jacques, Subspace88, swim and 3 others like this.
  14. This album was such a chronic disappointment. She can do so much better. I still play No Mythologies all the time.

15. WRONG

OlliMaus, superultra and notyourmate like this.
  16. I don't understand why videos are bring released now, but I still love this album. It was one of my soundtracks to last (Australian) summer, and now the weather is warming up again, it's going back on rotation. I Want You is a perfect pop banger.

OlliMaus and elektroxx like this.
  17. I know it went down quite well on here. I just find that compared to the debut it's so conversative, sonically unadventurous, lacking in memorable hooks and generally has a sense of "will this do?". I really think the album she was going to put out with Kamikaze, Final Song, Nights With You and the unreleased banger On & On she performed live (all far better than everything here) would've been a much stronger sophomore effort.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.