MØ - Motordome (3rd Album - Jan 2022) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

MØ - Motordome (3rd Album - Jan 2022)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Shh

Shh

What an amazing song. I hope this does well for her after 'Kamikaze' flopped the way it did, I thought the people would still be interested in her after 'Lean On'. I hope she gets a hit of her own this time.

NorthernStar likes this.
  2. Guest member

Guest member Guest

It has way more hit potential than "Kamikaze", I think.

NorthernStar likes this.
  3. This is the first song I've heard of hers and I am obsessed. It is such a great track.
    edit: I'm not counting Lean On. (which I just realized is the same person)

NorthernStar and nick_au like this.
  4. SONG OF THE YEAR.

5. Normally I'd consider Vas to be over-hyping, but this is damn good. Keep on shining that Danish goodness, queen.

6. Ok I'm not that familiar with her stuff but blimey, "Final Song" is just amazing. What a fucking song! Definitely gonna check out her other stuff now.

NorthernStar likes this.
  7. And it's written by Noonie Bao. OK no wonder it's incredible.

NorthernStar and Island like this.
  8. I'm not ready to rate it above Work From Home just yet, but that fact that it's in the running after a day is incredible. It's certainly the Song of the Summer.

NorthernStar and Vasilios like this.
  9. Okay I’m definitely hopping on the ride for this.

10. This is nice, but I actually think Kamikaze is tonnes more interesting a song.

11. (I sneakily said SONG OF THE YEAR so that WFH can remain Single of the year)

hehe

Jacques, selectual and lushLuck like this.
  12. What a banger. It's a lot more instant than "Kamikaze" for me and just more interesting all around. Hopefully she can launch her album on the back of this – and give "Kamikaze" the "Focus" treatment.

NorthernStar, Lander and Island like this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Final Song is really brilliant.

14. Final Song is taking over my life.

NorthernStar, Island and PEARL like this.
  15. The Fader has published a great piece on her, it's quite an interesting read. And on a side note, she still looks super gorgeous as a blonde.

NorthernStar and heavymetalGAGA like this.

16. fuzzilios

edit: What a great piece indeed! If all interviews / artist profiles were like this I'd be so happy.

In addition to MNEK, the album features a clutch of twentysomething autodidacts, who, like Mø, are currently making the charts more interesting. Cashmere Cat produced some songs, and so did BloodPop, most notably on “Drum,” co-written by Charli XCX and Noonie Bao. It’s a tropical outsider anthem that ramps into a squelchy hook of Dance to the beat of your heart/ To the beat of your drum, punctuated with “Hey!”s similar to Mø’s early single “Pilgrim.” Like most great chart songs, you can instantly picture it blaring from the flotilla of a gay pride parade. Other tracks, like “True Romance” and “Goodbye My Lover,” stick closer to No Mythologies To Follow, sprucing up the beats-driven sound of her first album into songs that soar.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  17. I may have just peed a little reading that album description.

Vasilios and PEARL like this.
  18. Vasilios likes this.
  19. Island

Island Staff Member

Her first album was pretty great. I have high hopes for this.

NorthernStar likes this.
  20. A track called True Romance. Sue her, Charlotte.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.