Mobile Phones

SockMonkey said:
I've had various mobile phones since 1997 and I've never broken or damaged a single one of them. I don't know how SO many people seem to fuck theirs up. People just aren't careful.

Same, the worst thats happened was a small crack and scratch on a screen when i stupidly put my phone in my pocket with my keys.

i know people who seem to throw phones, ipods etc in the washing machine, down drains, toilets all the time, i dont understand how people can be so cack-handed haha

Can you unlock iPhones? I might be getting one off a friend, but 'm o T-Mobile? Where can i get it unlocked to use on another network and how much will it cost and is it safe?

airhostess said:
Can you unlock iPhones? I might be getting one off a friend, but 'm o T-Mobile? Where can i get it unlocked to use on another network and how much will it cost and is it safe?

You can do it by yourself. If it's a 3GS though, make sure you check the baseband version (Settings > General > About) because if it's 5.11 you will have to run an app on your PC every time you restart the phone after you jailbreak it.

For more info: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

P

potatosalad

I got an update for my Facebook app the other day that syncs your friends with the contacts on your phone downloading their pictures, phone numbers/e-mail addresses where available. Really cool as I couldn't be bothered to download everyone's pics and set them manually.

However, some people might be freaked out that I now have their numbers on my iPhone as I didn't even realise mine was on my profile. They put it on there automatically when I set up mobile uploading...

Push notifications for alerts come like 2 hours late.... hmm I'm sure they're working on it.

I think potatosalad's problem might be the fact it doesn't really play a sound when the notification comes. Must be a bug.

P

potatosalad

It would be better if the push notifications had sounds, the sound of my SMS car horn should do.

Also, I've noticed I can only connect to the internet via my wireless router and not 3G anymore, Not changed any settings so I don't understand what's up with that!

I remember when we all had a 3210 in school and someone brought in a 3310 one day out of nowhere - it was like he had turned up at school in a Lamborghini. AMAZING.

Those were the days.

P

potatosalad

AudioScience said:
I remember when we all had a 3210 in school and someone brought in a 3310 one day out of nowhere - it was like he had turned up at school in a Lamborghini. AMAZING.

Those were the days.

Hahahaha.

It was the same at our school.

Some people even bought snap on fascias to make older phones look like newer models.

I was way cool with my 3310 clear plastic case, with additional (but pointless) slide down front.

AudioScience said:

Those were the days.
I moved house over the weekend and found my 3310 under my bed.... I took it with me... its still an awesome phone... I'm gonna use it for when i go out of an evening.

potatosalad said:
I was way cool with my 3310 clear plastic case, with additional (but pointless) slide down front.

My first mobile was some Motorola relic and all I wanted was exchangeable covers - which I thought it had, but when I snapped off the cover I realised no, I couldn't put it back on. So not only did I have a phone the size of a remote with a giant aerial, it had no cover. So hip.

AudioScience said:

Those were the days.

What's your high score on Snake?

I once heard of someone who was so good the snake filled HIS WHOLE SCREEN.

I was the very first person in my year to get a phone, everyone thought I was the tits. This was despite the fact that it was a Motorola the size of a small car, which more resembled a TV remote than anything.

Then, about two weeks after I got mine, everyone got Nokia 3210s with interchangeable coloured covers and I was MORTIFIED at my brick of a phone.

Gowd, snake was my life. One time my friend almost filled the whole screen so I sabotaged it by knocking the phone out of his hand.

My friend has this Ericcson which his dad had won from Coca-Cola and it had the Coca-Cola facia and the ringtone was the theme tune. I was so envious.

Daneeeboy said:
What's your high score on Snake?

I once heard of someone who was so good the snake filled HIS WHOLE SCREEN.

I was terrible at snake - I remember the awe people had for Snake 2 though when the snake had SKIN!!!!! I was really good at rotation though, that numbers-based game you got on the 3210.

I had a 3330 too, with the POLYPHONIC RINGTONES. It's a shame no one ever rang me.