Mobile Phones

AudioScience said:
Daneeeboy said:
What's your high score on Snake?

I once heard of someone who was so good the snake filled HIS WHOLE SCREEN.

I was terrible at snake - I remember the awe people had for Snake 2 though when the snake had SKIN!!!!! I was really good at rotation though, that numbers-based game you got on the 3210.

I had a 3330 too, with the POLYPHONIC RINGTONES. It's a shame no one ever rang me.

I don't think I've taken a phone off silent since 2000. My ringtone is Madonna, and has been since 2005, but I don't think I've heard it since I put it on there.

I was the first kid at my school to have a colour screen phone, all the other kids used to ask if they could be "in charge" of it.
707_3.jpg

It had a clip on camera and everything!

P

potatosalad

I would imagine you could have one HUGE game of snake on the iPhone... I've never even checked it there any knock off apps for that... I will now though.

Daneeeboy said:
AudioScience said:
Daneeeboy said:

I was terrible at snake - I remember the awe people had for Snake 2 though when the snake had SKIN!!!!! I was really good at rotation though, that numbers-based game you got on the 3210.

I had a 3330 too, with the POLYPHONIC RINGTONES. It's a shame no one ever rang me.

I don't think I've taken a phone off silent since 2000.

Same here. I occasionally have to put the volume up on my work phone if I'm out and about and am expecting a call, when it actually rings I jump about six thousand miles out of my skin.

My first phone was a Sagem back in about 1998. How did i cope back then?! When sending a text, you couldn't access the phone book, so the only way to send a text was to go into the phone book, write down the number, then write your text message, and then enter the number manually. Effort!

Egalite said:
While I think of it, anyone who's considering getting an iPhone but is put off by bad battery life stories, I say to you that 1. I think the battery is more than fine, especially if you're not a massive internet user and 2. that you can buy something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-190...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264199943&sr=8-1 which is v. handy, small, light, just keep it in my bag, gives you about one full charge I believe.

You can also buy actual cases that have a charger in them… I'm not sure how they work, though…

Daneeeboy said:
AudioScience said:
I remember when we all had a 3210 in school and someone brought in a 3310 one day out of nowhere - it was like he had turned up at school in a Lamborghini. AMAZING.

Those were the days.

I was that good. I'm not proud of this.

The N97 is the first Nokia I've had that hasn't come with a version of snake installed. Gutted.

I am SO pissed off about this though:

Sat Nav on your Nokia. For free. Forever.
On your mobile
Online at ovi.com
Mobile navigation for everyone
Ovi Maps takes you where you want to be and shows you what you want see, with navigable maps for over 70 countries worldwide. All this with only one click. And it's all free.

Free Drive navigation
Free Walk navigation
Free maps and updates
Free Events guides
Free Lonely Planet guides
Free Michelin guides
And much more

Download Ovi Maps with free navigation

Compatible devices: Nokia X6, Nokia E52, Nokia E55, Nokia E72, Nokia N97 mini, Nokia 6710 Navigator, Nokia 6730 classic, Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia 5230.

My phone isn't listed. The cut-down "lite" version is, but not mine. I've only had it a month as well. How rude.

Ah, then I must have gotten confused. I read some sort of announcement today that all of the upcoming Nokia phones will come with a free* lifetime license to Ovi Maps.  But N97 isn't upcoming... sorry.. it's 4am here.

*included in the retail price

This was my first phone
mitsubishi_trium_mars_add_91.jpg

I think I was about 10 when I got it, loved it, then I dropped it and it just froze forever. Was a sad day for me. Mine was silver and it was actually really small.

This was mine.

siemens_c25.jpg

It had an option to compose your own ringtones, which is all I did. The battery on it would die in 3 hours of use because it was my dad's old phone. Thankfully I only had it for a short while.

And here's all the other ones I've used to date.

Sony_Ericsson_T200_Cellular_Phones-resized200.jpg

9.jpg

callya-nokia-3100-1.jpg

nokia_6230main.jpg

_Nokia_6233_Mobile_Phone.jpg

5685-nokia5700b.jpg

"Amazing."