Mobile Phones

This was my first phone.
motorola_c520.jpg

Text messages were free for the first year or so but I could only send them to my mum, sister and one friend because nobody else I knew even had a mobile!

This was my second.
Sony_J7_J70.jpg

I loved this! Looked so modern and had recordable ringtones. I had Kylie going "la la la" when everyone else had beeps and whistles.

I won't bore you with pictures of the rest but I've had an NEC e228, Nokia 6280, Nokia 6288, a tiny white Nokia I can't recall and Nokia N95 8GB.

P

potatosalad

I can't even remember how many phones I've had and what they all were.

But once you've had an iPhone, you'll never go back.

Ooh yes, let's bring this thread back. My first phone was this:
250px-Nokia_5110.jpg

Then I had this:
images

Then this:
images
(I still have this phone actually, I haven't got the heart to throw it out because I still love it too much)
Then this:
200px-Sony_Ericsson_W350i.jpg
(Mine was actually white and purple but I couldn't find a picture of it. I tragically broke it this time last year-ish.)
Now I have this:
images
however it's getting on a bit now and the touch is too sensitive, so for Christmas I really want:
BlackBerry-Curve-8520.JPG

T

The Poop Master

My current phone.
Nothing fancy but gets the job done quite well.

v9yq9.jpg

This was my first phone, only in neon green and yellow. True story!
alcatel1max_front.jpg

This is my current one, WHICH IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF FUCKSHIT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!!!
se-xperia-x10-no-multi-touch.JPG

So it really makes me miss my previous one, which truly was a Hero.
htc-hero.jpg

Should I get a Blackberry?

I would only use a phone for text, call, (video) camera and Internet.
But I currently only have a Sony Ericsson k800i, and I want a really good (but not too expensive) phone now.

Thoughts? Thanks.

I miss my Blackberry. I had one of the Curve models for an 18 month contract then switched to a Nokia E63, which I'm completely bored of. You can't even connect it to your bloody computer!!!

jk-ennedy, I recommend a Blackberry. They're good for all the things in your list.

Nate said:
I have the iPhone but I wish I got a Blackberry after seeing everybody I know with one.

I like having a different phone from all my friends, haha! Nobody I know bothers to get QWERTY keyboard phones, so it makes it easy.

I was only going to post my most recent phone, but I actually thought it was fun to see the progression!

Nokia 5190 - my first phone in 1999
nokia5190.jpg

Nokia 3310
nokia_3310_1.jpg

Motorola T720
motorola_t720.jpg

Motorola V600
motorola-v600-g.jpg

Motorola Razr
5317-main-medium-motorola-razr-v3a.jpg

Motorola Rokr Z6
Motorola-ROKR-Z6-4.jpg

Apple iPhone 3G
3g-iphone-1.jpg

Apple iPhone 4
iphone-4-low-signal-358x480.jpg

...I just realized that's 8 phones in the past decade. I'm really judging myself right now.

angelX said:
Nate said:
I have the iPhone but I wish I got a Blackberry after seeing everybody I know with one.

I like having a different phone from all my friends, haha! Nobody I know bothers to get QWERTY keyboard phones, so it makes it easy.

I don't think it's an issue of wanting to stand out, I played on theirs and genuinely love them but they all like the iPhone.

The great thing about phones now is that once you get bored of them, in most cases you can go to the app store (on most smart phones) and find something to entertain yourself.

I do love my blackberry, but I'll probably go for an iphone when I can get a renewal next year....

I'll be getting it just for iOS 5. My 4 is carrier locked to AT&T so I had to use a TurboSIM chip to make it work in my country, but the new OS update patches the hole.

So I'll be getting a shiny new 4S, even though I was seriously hoping they'd announce a redesigned model. Especially after the delayed launch.

kal said:
So I'll be getting a shiny new 4S, even though I was seriously hoping they'd announce a redesigned model. Especially after the delayed launch.

Yes, I think I'll be getting one too. The specs are really good, and the old design is classic enough for me.