Mobo Awards 2009 | The Popjustice Forum

Mobo Awards 2009

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sifr, Oct 1, 2009.

1. So, apparently N-Dubz released the best album of the year...

Can I get a What The Fuck from anyone else?

2. Viv

Viv

What the FUCK

3. That was a mess wasn't it. Nice to see they tried to glam it up though having Miscarried Babbbbby co-host.

4. I liked Kelly Rowland glaring at the sound people.

In fact the sound was uniformly shit.

And I hope the Jackson tributes will start to die down soon, as they're starting to get mawkish (the Diversity bit was cute, but enough with 'Smile'

5. Kelly's twitter message:

OK. So, I'm at the MoBo's and getting ready to have a GREAT show with David and the MoBo's F'd my sound up!!!!! PISSED!!!!! HONESTLY, that just makes me work harder! But, what I will say is the MoBo's owe me an apology!!!! I was LIVID after the show! I wanted you guys to be the 1st to hear it from me! rehearsals. were fine. soundcheck. was fine. performance, wad a struggle at 1st But, I got through it!!!!!!!! So-----It happens! The next show will be Better!--------TRUST!!!!!!!!!

She was the best part. Diversity came second.

Oh and one more thing: Tinchy Stryder (So I didnt win a mobo after havin da highest selling urban single of the year and sellin over 1million singles this year, cool. F the MOBOs) is a knob.

6. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Did Amelle and Keisha show up?

7. I loved N-Dubz album... ):

8. Tinchy has a nice lazer.

9. MusicAddict

MusicAddict Guest

WHAT THE FUCKKKK!!
    I was soo annoyed. It should've been Beyonce.
    N-Dubz....pur-leaze!

Congrats to JLS for winning 2 bloody awards. :P

10. Anyone got the full list of winners?

11. Even though i've just downloaded it and only halfway though I can easily say Uncle B >>>>> I Am...Sasha Fierce.

12. I loved Keri Hison at the start.

WELCOME TO THE MOBOOOO'SS 200999999!!!
    in association with Marlboro.

13. From heraldscotland.com, of all places:

Best Newcomer - JLS
    Best R&B - Keri Hilson
    Best Reggae - Sean Paul
    Best Album - N Dubz
    Best Video - Beyonce (so Kanye had no need to interrupt via video link)
    Best Jazz - Who cares?
    Best Gospel - See Best Jazz
    Best Hip-hop: Chipmunk
    Best Single - JLS
    Best Act - N Dubz
    Best DJ - Trevor Nelson
    Lifetime Achievement - The King of Pop

14. So by "Best Reggae" they mean "Only Reggae the UK has heard of"?

I'm going to sound like a right old fart but isn't it a little depressing that three of the five nominees for best newcomer are reality stars? And Jade's effectively retired already?

15. And "Catch 22" >>>>>>>>>>>>> "Uncle B"

16. Sean Paul hasn't even released in the UK over the past year. Talk about filler nominations.

17. Most boring award ceremony ive ever seen. N-Dubz are pathetic.
    Shaheen was my highlight, oh and Mr. Hudson.

18. Well it was held in Glasgow this year, so that's not too strange. Either way, 'what a load of old shit' is the only reaction to most of these winners.

19. Barbapapa

Barbapapa Guest

didn't expect kelly to be such a BELTER. that performance is great. even more with her evil eyes at the sound-guy at the begining. classic!!!

she should definately stick to dance music. she has the potential to deliver club anthems

20. From what I saw of this last night ,it was a bit of a shambles really. Interesting to note how Dizzee Rascal was snubbed now hes gone a bit more mainstream. Definitely felt Tinchy deserved to walk away with something last night.
    I like JLS , but didnt think they merited their 2 gongs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.