Monrose - General Discussion | Page 134 | The Popjustice Forum

Monrose - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by MSernity, May 25, 2007.

1. Rob

Rob

Strictly Physical 2.0 would be incredible. I just worry that they would get back together and the new single would be either a) shit or b) sell badly.

Is Mandy definitely releasing a new album? After Closer bombed, I thought it would be over for her...

2. Senna said in that interview that she's fed up, she was working on her album with huge German artist but Universal chose not to release it. She's still working on music but no date or even label to release it right now
    There's still this video from early 2012 of many people involved working on her album,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKUfSkWEv8
    so i feel her being frustrated but that shit even happened to Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and others before. Hope she doesn't give up.
    She could have done a Hot Summer solo...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  3. I rather want I Am 2.0 but i'm sure i'll like whatever they put out.

yeah Mandy's posting updates of it on FB she's writing and recording. She also posted on instagramm that she had a talk with the record company and is ready for a new direction with the second album.

She's still with EMI btw, the album got to #8 afterall and did decently in Austria and Switzerland as well. She got nominated for Best Female at the Echo Awards and so on. It wasn't all bad...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  4. Nope sorry, Sony was supposed to release her first album but she then went to EMI where she still is.

5. Their official Youtube account disappear, all their videos are gone, what's going on?

Could only find some LQ videos uploaded by fans.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  6. There ain't any trace of them on Spotify! Like if they never existed! Pop injustice at it's best!

Even Queensberry still has three songs available there...

OlliMaus and Vixen like this.
  7. Rob

Rob

I've been emailing their record label every other week but have had no response beyond one initial email last September. Where you at @aquaplex!

Macanudo likes this.
  8. Yeah this was accidentally me. I’m trying to get Warner to put the missing Montrose stuff on, I Infact alerted Warner to the fact that theirnlicence has expired and the stuff shouldn’t be online any more so pulled it all.

I’d advise finding a few other people in the organisation and email them. I sometimes find if I persistently email seven people in one email (the senior, the better), that will result in some kind of response so that everyone’s inboxes stop getting a deluge of emails from me!

9. So today I discovered that their whole catalogue is available on Spotify worldwide! (Including all the Bonus Tracks)

Waldi, eyeline, LGStan93 and 3 others like this.
  10. It's all @aquaplex doing!
    I'm bumping all three albums all week.

Waldi, Vixen and Macanudo like this.
  11. Not actually sure if it was me.

I began emailing the person who ultimately owned rights (inc to the German popstars franchise) last year. This may have prompted him to sign to BMG or it might always have happened.

I’d like to think it was me after I got the final half of Monrose’s music output wiped off streaming when I accidentally thought Warner still held rights only for them to realise they had music online that they needed to take down!

12. SCREAMING! My German Queens! I love them so much but only became a fan around I Am so missed out on the singles for “Hot Summer” (for “Scream”) and didn’t have access to “We Love”. I miss them.

Speaking of I Am, the digital upload is missing bonus track “Step Aside”. Shame the video edit of “Hot Summer” was never officially released as I think that’s the best version.

Waldi, Vixen and Macanudo like this.
  13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Y'all: they on streaming!

Me:
    [​IMG]

I'm still a huge local files stan - I have practically everything, even "Step Aside". From what I can see, "We Love" has a remix that I don't own, so lemme track it down.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    plasticFANTASTIC, Rob, Lapras and 7 others like this.
  14. The only other one missing track I can think of is 'Diamonds & Pearls'.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  15. OH MY GOD! Thanks I was even considering buying the physicals to listen again.

Macanudo likes this.
  16. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I still love this. Completely pre-recorded vocals, but a bop nevertheless.

17. Just Like That, a song!

Rob and Waldi like this.
  18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

It's on US Spotify!

All the albums are on iTunes too, which is cray.

19. Honestly, where's the Monrose reunion?

FrancoisDit, Lapras, Mr.Arroz and 5 others like this.
  20. My JAMS back then:

upload_2020-12-6_12-28-17.png

So there is an official YouTube channel since last week, what's happening. Does the record label need fresh money?

Macanudo and Waldi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.