Monrose

Re: Monrose - Strike The Match [New Single]

According to Wiki, this is the tracklisting and artwork:

1. "Strike The Match" - 2.53
2. "After Making Love"
3. "Strike The Match" (Instrumental)

200px-Monrose1cl67.jpg

Oh, I wanna hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I agree, they could release few other good singles.

I love Monrose, their second album is almost flawless. I agree that there could have been more singles from Strictly Physical, but I'm equally happy that we'll be getting another album so soon. I'm all for being spoilt by Monrose - they do it so well.

Scream was also amazing! I wanted more b-sides from the campaign cuz they were sooo good! And Strictly Physical is one of my personal fav albums from last year so I have been waiting to hear when this was gonna come out since I knew they were recording. I am so excited!

I recently heard Diamonds and Pearls for the first time. And I must say musical genius! Sampling "In the Hall of the Mountain King" and turning it into a lush whimsical rnb melody, fabulous! Whoever thought of that should get a medal.

I really like the cover but it's a shame the photos are old on the cover. Not that it matters that much - maybe that means they spent a bit on the video hopefully (not 'Hot Summer' mark 2 please!)

Well I've finally heard it. It's nowhere near as good as Hot Summer first of all, but it's quite catchy and fun, a very natural progression from the Strictly Physical era, fast and frentic. I reckon it'll be a grower. Initially though, I can't help but feel tracks such as Rebound and Dangerous are much stronger.

It should work well as a buzz single until, however, and then follow up with something stronger (probably Off The Rails, which Bunxer mentioned a while back) leading the album.

The clip sounds okay - nothing amazing but it can be a bit difficult to tell from 20 seconds...I'll wait until I've heard it in full, here's hoping they won't disappoint though!

Well the radio rip has leaked, it's not one of Tedder's best productions to be honest, not feeling it yet either.

I remember someone ages ago saying that this was Hot Summer Pt.2....they were so wrong! It's not a patch on Hot Summer!

I agree with that comment about Hot Summer pt2.
It has the same beat and similar tune.

Matt said:
I agree with that comment about Hot Summer pt2.
It has the same beat and similar tune.

Really?

I have only had one listen so I haven't paid too much attention, even if it does sounds similar, in my opinion it really is nowhere near as good as Hot Summer.

i really think, that strike the match has the potential to climb to number one in germany and austria. i like the beat and ryan tedder did a great job. i don't see any commonalities with hot summer. hot summer sounds electric. and i'm very sure, that their new single will be certified with gold.

I really like it. IMO better than Strictly Physical but not quite as good as Hot Summer, Dangerous or What Yo uDon't Know but very close.

Also IMO there should have been a 4th single from Strictly Physical either Dangerous, Yesterday's Gone or Leading Me On.

Wish they would release stuff over here in UK though.