Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter | Page 224 | The Popjustice Forum

Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Alphableat, Dec 17, 2010.

1. 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' is fahb-ulous, and, because of that, is going to win absolutely nothing at the Oscars or BAFTA's.

The Manila curse.

2. Battle Angel Alita: pretty much everything I like about 1990s cyberpunk manga, but let down by a so-so ending blatantly setting up a sequel. Would have been a 9/10, but the ending drops it to a 7.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  3. She’s watching Last Action Hero and Bridgette Wilson-Sapmras just kicked the shit out of a guy whilst wearing a red bathing suit and cut off denim shorts.

The 90s were wild.

Also the fact that this scene hasn’t been made into a gif is low key homophobic.

BTG, RUNAWAY and Terminus like this.
  4. I am watching Russian Doll and I don't like it. At all. The girl is pretty good for this type of characters but the show itself is bad. Thank God it's really short.

5. Fucking hell this looks odious

unnameable likes this.
  6. Lily James deserves better. That looks like a lazy effort all round, with an excuse to give Sheeran some screen time.

7. I'm busy rewatching "Mannequin". The one gay character is a terrible stereotype but I'm finding it such an entertaining watch.

Terminus likes this.
  8. It’s an absolute classic, Kim Catrall is everything.

evangelion and unnameable like this.
  9. Call me ignorant, but who is this about...

10. Chris Pratt I believe. I can’t remember exactly off the top of my head which mega church he’s part of - Hillside maybe?

11. Yes, it's about Chris Pratt. It's been the talk on many forums this past week.

12. I went into an 80s Whoopi Goldberg rabbit hole this week and watched Jumpin' Jack Flash, Burglar, and Fatal Beauty back to back, which were all fun and ohhhhh so dated (the computers in the first film didn't even have a mouse!!).

The only thing that wasn't dated, sadly, were the race issues. Granted, these were throwaway popcorn films so it wasn't front and center, but it provided a sad reminder of the lack of progress we've made in 30 years, with various rich white folks treating her like crap or trying to frame her "because" she is black and they assume they can get away with it.

RUNAWAY and Terminus like this.
  13. I just watched Jennifer Lopez's Second Act and it's a bit of a scream that it is basically a movie adaptation of Hilary Duff's Younger.

It's a bit of a trashy and enjoyable kii, but the second half of the movie really just goes off the deep-end with the "twist". Even the most saccharine early 00s rom-coms would not have dared to go as far as they did with the number of chance encounters and logic-defying turns this takes.

14. I haven't seen Second Act (nor do I want to) but very surprised to see it has grossed 73 million or so.

15. Watched recently I Knew Her Well by Pietrangeli and is genuinely one of the most depressing movies I've seen, the acting of the protagonist is one of the best I've witnessed, the layers

Beautiful Child 2 likes this.

16. Nothing more to say.

Mill. likes this.
  17. Best movies of the '10s:
    1. Blue Jasmine
    2. Young Adult

Am I really missing anything?

18. I am beyond excited about seeing new camp classic Greta tonight. Isabelle spitting on Chloe in the trailer is already iconic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.