Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter | Page 234 | The Popjustice Forum

Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Alphableat, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Literally one of my favorite movies from childhood. I surround myself with people I find intellectually stimulating.

2. I love My Girl. It really should have been on my list for the Movie Rate. That scene is so heartbreaking.

3. I also rewatched it recently for the first time in decades, and I was a wreck by the end.

I also rewatched the sequel, which...still not great.

_Gru_, LPT, Maria and 2 others like this.
  4. Great film which dealt with some pretty difficult subjects.

Imagine being a parent in 1991 going to the cinemas. "Oh, look. This looks cute. It's got the kid from Uncle Buck and Home Alone. And I love that classic song from The Temptations."

[​IMG]

Then actually watching the film until the end credits and having to have that talk with your kids.

[​IMG]

5. Blimey - if you haven’t seen Bait yet it’s on All4 for 5 more days.

Brooding intensity doesn’t even come close!

blod likes this.
  6. swinginglondontown and blod like this.
  7. RIP Jessica Campbell (1982-2020)

8. Such an incredible performance. A heartbreaking loss.

Steve003, berserkboi and Andrew.L like this.
  9. I ended up watching Orphans followed by Trainspotting today.
    I appear to be falling into a Scottish cinema hole, might have to do rewatch of Local Hero at some point.

10. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I knew that Hathaway / Eljifor movie was going to suck, and it’s getting rightfully taken down by critics.

Doug Liman, make a good movie again challenge, do that challenge.

Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  11. Praise be! Let me go watch GO for the millionth time to cleanse my palate.

12. My god, I watched Go! at the cinema. In America. Aged 19. It remains the most gloriously 90s movie that exists.

And Timothy Olyphant shirtless in a Santa hat. And gay Scott Wolf. And so much more. God I love that film.

Pulp Fiction could never....

Island, LPT, Steve003 and 8 others like this.

13. I actually was thinking this the other day and I’ve just seen a tweet echoing my thoughts. Does anyone feel like CGI is getting worse? I swear some movies nowadays actually look so rubbish, and yet some movies from a decade ago still look fantastic. What’s going on? Anyone else agree?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Neon Green, Island, LTG and 7 others like this.
  14. After watching Wonder Woman 1984 I’d definitely say yes.

iRyan and johnny_tsunami like this.
  15. That was a classic, that was a classic...

Seriously, the idea that anyone wants pandemic-related films when we're still fucking living it. Read the room.

Someboy, lushLuck and Andrew.L like this.
  16. The score for Jupiter Ascending came on while I was studying and now I need to watch it??? I know it's not the best film, but I sometimes love some of that Jupiter Ascending / Cloud Atlas / Valerian / Sucker Punch excessive fantasy to get through the day ññ

Anyway, stan Giacchino!

LTG, RUNAWAY and scottdisick94 like this.
  17. Last night I watched Uncle Frank and I was in tears by the end. Such a good movie.

18. I watched Promising Young Woman today. I've never understood when people say they can't stop thinking about a film, but I haven't stopped thinking about this one since the credits rolled.

Island, Steve003, RainOnFire and 2 others like this.
  19. Either less talented artists are being hired simply because they are charging more, or the studios are purposefully cutting costs?

20. I still love watching films like Cat People, John Carpenter's The Thing and An American Werewolf in London and being impressed by the practical special effects.

Though I watched Terminator 2 again the other night and the CGI still slaps.

Andrew.L likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.