Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter | Page 236 | The Popjustice Forum

Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Alphableat, Dec 17, 2010.

1. I recently rewatched Interstellar, and it’s just... really great. The three hours fly by, and this time around I appreciated just how important Matthew McConaughey’s performance is to its success. His emotional investment in every moment that matters is astonishing. Wouldn’t be the same film with another actor in the role.

Remorque, silkandskin, sesita and 3 others like this.
  2. Ugh, amazing. Paralleling the way the film changed the course of Dunaway’s future and rewrote Crawford’s past (all while drawing on its standing as one of the queer cult classics of cinema) - a masterclass.

Her recent work on Faye Dunaway has got me rediscovering one of the (somewhat) forgotten last great classic film stars.

3. ^ Hilariously Joan Crawford is mentioned, as I watched Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? for the millionth time yesterday. It's such an incredible film, but Bette Davis blows me away every time I watch it. The way she says this (iconic) line just makes me get emotional.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    RUNAWAY likes this.
  4. ^ can't fucking believe I called her "Jane Crawford" last night. Shame on me.

5. I have just watched Vast of the Night and i liked it very much. I was totally in mood for it, i like when i watch a good story being unfold and i can easily recommend to people who love dialogue driven sci-fi.

6. I’m rewatching the Back To The Future Trilogy this week. It’s been a while since I saw them, but I really absolutely love them so much. The first one is like, the perfect movie. Perfectly and tightly plotted, charming cast, great music. A delight! The second one is a bit of a mess, and I wish it just stuck to the future setting rather than jumping around the place. And the third is a return to form and is just great. Honestly one of my fave trilogies.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    LPT, Andrew.L and torontodj like this.
  7. I agree with all of this. I love the first film. Indeed it's a perfect film.

The second one misses a lot of the heart and magic of the first. However, I admire its ambition. I love the "manipulating time" idea (also used in Twin Peaks: The Return).

Andrew.L and scottdisick94 like this.
  8. Secrets And Lies is currently streaming on All4 Hens.
    My afternoon sorted.

4Roses likes this.
  9. 2 for £25 on a large selection of Criterion Blu-Ray's on Amazon.
    I just ordered Female Trouble and Being There, and will probably dip again before it's through.

10. Godzilla vs Kong is a bop!
    It gets so much sillier than I expected. It's unabashedly absurd and I wasn't bored for a moment, even if there are a few characters that could've been left on the cutting room floor (sorry Kyle Chandler).

lushLuck likes this.
  11. Paramount Presents is issuing Mommie Dearest on Blu-Ray!

The artwork is iconic.

[​IMG]

lushLuck, sesita, Andrew.L and 4 others like this.
  12. I'm in love.

Fayes career should've flown into Meryl Streep territory after that movie but alas it didn't.

Still at least we got her super fun turn as the iconic Selena.

[​IMG]

I've defended this movie sooooo much over the years and continue to.

13. I don't know where to start with Godzilla vs Kong.

It's absolutely nuts, jaw-droppingly dumb, and the dialogue is pretty much awful.

Did I enjoy it? Hell yes.

Andrew.L likes this.
  14. I was coming here to post something incredibly similar:

Was it an objectively awful movie? Yes.

Did I enjoy it? Absolutely! The fights scenes were great (poor Hong Kong), the emotion was there for Kong, I loved the visuals of the Hollow Earth even though the entire sequence made no sense.

Sometimes, you just want to be entertained by a giant gorilla fighting a giant lizard with a radioactive axe that came from the centre of the earth.

15. Shrek 2 is unironically one of the best films of all time.

4Roses, sesita and ratedr like this.
  16. Right? It is such a great film. I'm so glad they got together to honour it.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.