Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter | Page 241 | The Popjustice Forum

Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Alphableat, Dec 17, 2010.

1. I went to see 'The French Dispatch' yesterday. It was everything I wanted and more. I'm a huge fan of Wes Anderson and this film is his classic style whilst adding something new. We all know he's all about the visuals and the film didn't disappoint.
    A great cast with Frances McDormand and Jeffery Wright stealing the show for me.
    I loved all three of the stories, with the last being my favourite I think.

Mister_G likes this.

2. I am losing my shit

Conan, Andrew and dirtypony like this.
  3. My feel good film for the afternoon, Prisoners

4. ^ Brilliant film!

I watched Old this afternoon...

Andrew likes this.
  5. That ending...

Andrew likes this.
  6. Sorry to hear that.

Prisoners is an amazing movie. I have the soundtrack, I really miss Jóhann Jóhannsson. He was my favourite film composer. So sad his life was cut short.

7. I fell asleep watching Dune at the cinema... and it's not the film's fault - what I saw I really liked, it was just a late screening and I was so tired, but I missed... a big chunk of it. A huge chunk of it.

8. Who needs Spider-Man or Doctor Strange when you can have Michelle Yeoh in the Multiverse?

Sinful, Mikl C, Andrew and 3 others like this.
  9. Michelle Yeoh is a queer icon. She just is. Seeing her in Crouching Tiger and in that motorbike scene in the Bond movie as a child left an indelible mark.

Sinful, Mikl C, scottdisick94 and 6 others like this.
  10. The way it starts as a usual A24 Horror trailer... then gives us that, which looks absolutely magnificent.
    Sign me Up for the Michelle Yeoh Cinematic Universe

lushLuck and New Flame like this.

11. OK, now THIS looks amazing.

Andrew likes this.
  12. Finally watched The Place Beyond the Pines. A piss-blond Ryan Gosling is the look.

Also:

"In the audio commentary, co-writer and director Derek Cianfrance says that his financier would give him the budget he wanted if he shrank the 158-page script to 120 pages. Without removing anything, he used a smaller font and extended the margins. He says no one noticed."

<3

13. LTG

LTG

Just watched Sofia Coppola’s Somewhere and it’s iconic seeing our “you have a problem with the balloons?” queen.

14. Titane done gone fucked me up

BricksAndStrings, Mike and sesita like this.
  15. Can any Holby City hunties confirm if that was queen Jac Naylor in a wasted cameo in the Venom sequel?

eddy2375 likes this.
  16. Saw Licorce Pizza which I loooooovvvved. Really fun (and surreal) seeing the Haim sisters on the big screen, even more so when Alana tells Este and Danielle to fuck off.

17. old is very… drama school class isn’t it

PopGaga and New Flame like this.
  18. Marry Me looks like absolute trash and I need to watch it immediately.

LPT, lushLuck and Holly Something like this.
  19. I can’t stop laughing at the voice acting in the Pinocchio trailer. The comments have ended me,

Father when can I leave to be on my ooooowwwwn?

Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  20. This seems to be a Sky Cinema Original in the UK and is due on Sky/Now in April.

Does that automatically mean no big screen release? I hope not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.