Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter | Page 243 | The Popjustice Forum

Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Alphableat, Dec 17, 2010.

1. i

I saw. Yay!

2. I can't wait to see this. It's currently sitting at 86% on Rotten Tomatoes

hologram, sesita, RainOnFire and 2 others like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I finally saw The Worst Person In The World and wow I fell in love. Renate should have easily been in the Best Actress discussion, her lead performance is nothing short of mesmerising.

4. Agreed. She lost the Bafta to Joanna Scanlan in After Love who was also fucking PHENOMENAL I recommend you check it out.

2014 likes this.
  5. The extended preview for Top Gun Maverick they showed before Doctor Strange was a slog to sit through. After it ended I said more like 'Top Gun MAGA' in the silence before the next trailer and I swear half the theater turned around dd.

LPT and POPGASM like this.
  6. Old movie news alert!

There is glorious camp, and then there is the second half of Mahogany.

Watched it for the first time last night and I'm still recovering.

Andrew likes this.
  7. We’re getting A Simple Favour 2, girls!

8. I’m currently watching The Staircase and… when did Parker Posey become the gay icon she is? I mean, I definitely remember being an 8-year-old baby gay watching Laws of Attraction and going “that lady is CAMP” for both Julianne Moore and Parker Posey, but what is it about her for the others?

lushLuck likes this.
  9. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Scream 3/Josie & The Pussycats combo truly cemented it, but she’s built her entire career off being a gay icon.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  10. I’m rewatching the Mission Impossible films and modern blockbusters wish they had the pace, action and performances of the first one. A tight, brilliant 1 hour and 40 mins. Bring back short blockbusters!

Conan, lushLuck and POPGASM like this.
  11. jtm

jtm

I rewatched the first Top Gun (not by choice) and.. I don‘t know, change the 10/10 soundtrack for something more sinister and it becomes a stalker / serial killer movie.

New Flame, lushLuck and Andrew like this.
  12. Josie and the Pussycats - that movie is camp, and Parker Posey and Alan Cumming as the villains are spectacularly camp.

4Roses and Andrew like this.
  13. Today, I saw 'Ich Bin Dein Mensch' ('I'm Your Man'). It was quite sweet and the main character had a great understated ending. She made some realistic points and choices. It's vaguely similar to 'After Yang', though not as good.

First Justin H. Min and now Dan Stevens. The casting of androids is flawless.

[​IMG]

Disobedience, berserkboi and Maria like this.
  14. Not to be Hetty but seeing Top Gun Maverick in IMAX was truly edge of your seat stuff. Knowing the stunts were all real really elevated a simple action movie into something incredible

eddy2375, johnoclock and unnameable like this.
  15. I didn't even do IMAX, but that last act was incredible.

I loved how it nodded to old school 'film stars' like Cruise becoming things of the past.

I know it's Tom Cruise, but I'll miss him when he can't pull stuff like this off anymore.

16. I saw it on the IMAX yesterday - that was a loud film.

I loved it how it was as 80s as the original in the choice of music, fonts on screen, cinematography - both nostalgic while feeling contemporary. Only clunky bit is them avoiding the topic of where exactly the target for the mission is, so as to avoid offending any particular nation.

17. It was the same in the first one, yes there were "Migs" but they never mentioned any particular enemy or particular conflict. I remember when I watched it recently I had to google what a Mig-28 is and figure out that the threat was Soviet but they're never mentioned in the movie. I guess not to ruin the vibe.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  18. RIP Ray Liotta. I know he was most famous for Goodfellas, but my favourites in his filmography are Something Wild, Corrina, Corrina and Dominick and Eugene.

Andrew likes this.
  19. Top Gun Maverick has to be one of the best blockbuster movies I’ve seen in my life. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire last 30 minutes. What a thrill.

MilesAngel likes this.
  20. Has there been a better rom-com than Crazy, Stupid, Love in the past 11 years?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.