Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Movie comments, outbursts, quips and general chatter

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Alphableat, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Crazy Stupid Love is a fantastic film.

2. I agree to a certain extent. In isolation the Basterds were something of a weak link (too cartoonish and underdeveloped perhaps?) and as such Chapter 2 is my least favourite of the movie, but when they come together with the amazing Bridget Von Hammersmark and, eventually, Hans Landa, they're not without their own charm. It's funny how much the promotional material focused on them as main characters, for fear people catching on to the - shock horror! - liberal subtitles involved with the rest of the cast! It's still probably my favourite Tarantino movie after Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction.

As for his reactionary preoccupation with dialogue, I think only Death Proof is truly guilty of this, to the extent that the film was utterly bogged down by lengthy stretches of inconsequential nonsense and self-congratulatory references, despite the fact that it was a) not entertaining, and b) completely ill-suited to the exploitation, grindhouse genre it was supposed to homage.

It's very enjoyable but I felt the ending was something of a slushy cop-out given how well it bucks clichés before that point. I'd rank it just below 500 Days Of Summer in my Thoughtful Quasi-Romantic Comedy sub-genre ranking.

3. I thought it did well to keep its genre-bucking integrity without making the ending a complete wrist-slitter.

4. I can't wait for this, but mainly because I just love Westerns.

5. T&C

T&C

Tarantino is the only reason Im going to see Django. He's great. Not all his films are amazing but even the bad ones aren't so bad. Leo usually turns me off of a movie and Jamie Foxx is so overrated.

6. Is there ever going to be a Kill Bill 3? Uma needs to pop the sprog and get back to being a fierce bitch.

7. Rmx

Rmx

Did anyone ever read the plot of that amazing Kill Bill chapter that was never filmed, which introduced Gogo Yuburi's sister Yuki? It's such a bloody shame it never came to be, she'd have been played by the legendary Kou Shibasaki and it would've featured her popping bubblegum whilst shooting an automatic machine gun in the streets of LA. Brilliant, no? Here's the full thing. Let's all pray Kill Bill 3 is made and this chapter is in it:

8. Meh. As much as I adore Gogo, having a supporting character arc for a supporting character seems like a waste of time.

9. Rmx

Rmx

Really?! It sounds brilliant to me! But I might be looking through rose colored glasses since I adore both Chiaki Kuriyama and Kou Shibasaki and I've got a big soft spot for young Japanese girls trying to kill each other. All of this might have been caused by Battle Royale, in which all of these elements come together.

10. Yeah it sounds too convoluted. But would probably have been tonnes of fun to watch.

It's a Southern!

11. sie suchen ein Kostüm für Kinder für Halloween,Kinderfasching, Kinder Fasching oder Karneval? Bei uns finden Sie eine große Auswahl an Faschingskostümen für Kinder.
    was du für den Kinderfasching basteln kannst,Wir haben zum Beispiel Kürbiskostüme, Prinzessin Kostüm und Tierkostüme.
    <a href="http://www.fasching-karneval-kostuem.de/kostueme-kinder.html/">Faschingskostüm</a>
    <a href="http://www.fasching-faschingskostuem-faschingskostueme.de/kostueme-maenner.html/">Faschingskostüme</a>

12. Everyone should go check out Snow White and the Huntsman, awesome movie!

Has anyone seen The Pact yet? Frightening? Awful? Worth a watch?

13. I really want to see Snow White and the Huntsman. I wouldn't bother with The Pact, it's a load of nothing - you'll forget it after coming out.

I think I went into Rock of Ages with too much optimism. CZJ is wonderful in it and I like the two leads but it all felt a bit too clean.

14. Has anyone seen Election? It's amazing and probably Reese Witherspoon's best role ever.

But anyway, I just watched the first episode of Glee (I know, three years late), but I can't believe how much they lifted from Election. The three main characters are basically Xerox copies with a bit more Hollywood sprinkled on top.

15. Election is awesome! Reese plays crazy very well.

16. Just bought 'The Queen' on DVD, anyone seen it?

17. I Saw the Devil is the darkest movie I've ever seen. So fucked up.

18. Rmx

Rmx

I can't handle horror anymore. I used to love it when I was younger, what's wrong with me? Yesterday I tried watching 28 Days Later with a friend but after 15 minutes I just had to turn it off. It's a good film but it's so dark I can't handle it anymore! I've grown soft, haha!

19. It's only one of my favourite movies!

20. I just saw Histeria last night and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It was fun but they wasted some wonderful opportunities for comedy and instead just made a whole bunch of vibrator jokes. Maggie Gyllenhaal is perfect though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.