Moving iTunes Library help... | The Popjustice Forum

Moving iTunes Library help...

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by _hazzie_, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Basically I want to move my iTunes library from my old laptop to my new laptop but I am absolutely clueless. I just want to keep my play counts. I'm wanting to move it from Windows to Mac. Does anyone know about these things/done this before?

2. If you did it let me know how.

3. If you have an external hard drive, you can move it between computers relatively easily - although I don't know the mechanics of going from PC to Mac OSX. I know that they can do this for you at the Apple Store.

4. Oooh, oooh I did it. Well I read lots about manual transferring and it seemed like a total headache, the problem being transferring from a PC to Mac. I gather it is a lot easier from PC to PC etc.

So I was surfing around on the web and found a programme called CopyTrans TuneSwift which basically backs up everything from your iTunes library to an external hard drive and deposits it perfectly in the desired location in my case my Mac. Everything was exactly how it was from my old computer and I had no problems at all with it.

5. 3Xs

3Xs

I have CopyTans as well! I used it when transferring my music over to my laptop a few years back. Such a lifesaver.

6. If this was just ONE month earlier!

7. Can you not just share libraries, thats what I done when I got a new laptop....downloaded itunes on the new laptop, signed in my current account, then linked up to my switched on old laptop, and just transferred everything across.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.