Would it not be more appropriate just to admit it’s at the admins own discretion/bias/mood as who to whom they want in or out of the main page?
I haven’t yet seen a coherent explanation as to why Rihanna is on the main forum. I’ve just scrolled through reams of artists that have ‘actively stepped away from making music’ (or, sadly, passed away).
All a bit flimsy tbh.
There’s going to be whataboutery whatever we do. I moved Rihanna to Comeback Corner and people kicked off about it. We moved her back and set these rules to be clearer and you say it isn’t warranted. We can’t win.I’m not sure if it’s warranted. Just like I’m not sure about the Rihanna thread. That’s the point I’m trying to make.
The answer is for everyone to be less uptight about what goes where. Just discuss the music and artists you like?There’s going to be whataboutery whatever we do. I moved Rihanna to Comeback Corner and people kicked off about it. We moved her back and set these rules to be clearer and you say it isn’t warranted. We can’t win.
Retro Corner, maybe.
(I'm used to Comeback Corner through habit, but when you analyse it, there isn't much *logic* to it and some of the acts which end up there I agree). I just set my alerts for new posts in any forum I've made posts in the past, and then pick from there.
Isn't the "most of them would get totally lost in P&J" argument applicable to pretty much any act who doesn't have a super active thread?I have to say I actually really like having the older nostalgia artists together in 1 sub forum, even though a lot of them are still active. Most of them would get totally lost in the main pop & justice forum.
Might I suggest that the criteria just be more objective with a number put to it? Artist must be either:
2) Announced they're not working indefinitely
3) Hasn't released music either as a solo track or being featured, in at least 10 years
For Item 3, it's very unlikely that the artist hasn't somewhat retired if he/she hasn't released music in 10 years, teebs. Even Christina's longest gap was just 2 to 3 years (I'm counting her features).
As for the name, how about... PopJustice Residencies to reference Vegas? Dddd
Comeback Corner is not:
Comeback Corner is:
- a place for acts that just haven’t released anything for a while (provided it's less than 10 years) but haven’t actually ‘retired’ or broken up (e.g. Goldfrapp, Rihanna, All Saints, Christina Aguilera)
- a place for acts that are still releasing but don't have the same public profile any more due to being older and/or less popular (e.g. No Angels, En Vogue, the Pussycat Dolls, Dubstar)
- for General Discussion threads for acts who have said they are no longer making music, have otherwise actively stepped back from making music, or have simply not released any music either as a lead or a featured artist for ten years or longer (e.g. Britney Spears, Billie Piper, Billy Joel, Phil Collins)
Ok we're going a little crazy now. 5 year gaps between albums used to be considered normal. Not every artist can churn out an album every year.