Mrs. America | The Popjustice Forum

Mrs. America

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Artemisia, Apr 16, 2020.

1. yall watching this? New series from FX on Hulu about Phyllis Schlafly's crusade against the Equal Rights Amendment and the culture wars over the women's liberation movement in the 70s.

Star-studded cast featuring Cate Blanchett, Rose Byrne, Uzo Aduba, Sarah Paulson, Margo Martindale, and Elizabeth Banks.

2. Just been brought to my attention through @them Instagram, this looks fantastic, what a stellar cast. Is there anyway on watching this in the UK?

3. I searched on Google and apparently a UK release on BBC 2 is in the works. No date yet, though.

michaelhird likes this.
  4. The cast? STACKED. Wigs? LAID. Costumes? LAVISH. Scenery? CHEWED.

5. Tracey is fantastic! I read thats it’s coming to BBC 2 later this year.

6. Just bung it on iPlayer please. I hate waiting and it's so hard to find a good illegal stream now legal streaming has taken over.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  7. Just finished the first episode.

Extremely well made and Cate as always just knocks it so far out of the park.

ratedr likes this.
  8. I’ve seen 2 thus far, and the acting & aesthetics are incredible. I’m not entirely sold on the story/stories thus far, but I’m very intrigued to see where this heads.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  9. Episode 4 was excellent. There's something so chilling about the parallels you can draw straight through to the modern day. The conservative playbook really hasn't changed much since then - Phyllis' tactics were not much different than, say, Candace Owens'. And the debate over whether or not its politically advantageous give these types of bad-faith actors any recognition or oxygen is one the left is still having today.

10. I'm two episodes in and liking it so far. Wonderful cast.

11. There's no way that Cate isn't getting every award going for this.
    She is astounding.

12. Her interaction with the oldest son in episode 5...!

13. I had to rewind that.

Also her interactions with Brenda at the debate and in the dressing room.

bakerboy92 and Floppie like this.
  14. [​IMG]

Cinematic parallels

Remorque likes this.
  15. I watched Self Made the other day and thought Octavia Spencer has the Emmy award in her bag, but now I'm watching this and Cate is on another level in it. And the supporting queens are just... whew.

Andrew.L and Floppie like this.
  16. When Jill says the Reagan revolution will fail... Sis had no idea.

[​IMG]

17. The Phyllis-Brenda debate in Episode 5 was such a beautiful piece of television.

18. Part of me wants to watch this miniseries purely because FOMO, but I despised the real Phyllis Schlafly, so I feel like this is just going to make me angry.

19. The Sarah Psulson episode made me emotional. I don't want this show to end ":(".

20. Sarah Paulson is just so good. She has this ability to really make your heart break for her. That was an incredible episode!

Have to give props to Melanie Lynskey too. A really underrated actress, she is absolutely hilarious as Rosemary. Must re-watch Heavenly Creatures at some point.

Dee91 and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.