Ms. Marvel (Spoilers) | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Ms. Marvel (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Joe., Jun 8, 2022.

1. He

He

I also hope the xmen / mutants get a grandiose entrance and not this gradual mention that gets a bit lost. I’m all up for setting things up, but I want it to feel more impactful.

thommyh and bbynewyear like this.
  2. I think the eventual X-Men introduction will be grand whether it be through a TV show or movie. However I don’t see the harm in introducing mutants here and there. The fear and hatred of mutants need to happen before the X-Men are introduced.

Music Is Death, irishlamb and He like this.
  3. Introduce the X-men with a live action Hellfire Gala, give us FASHION and C.U.N.T

Christopher, Lander, Macsun and 4 others like this.
  4. I loved this show, just caught up and finished now. I think its focus on and showcasing of Kamala’s Pakistani background was fascinating and beautiful. And the finale was super fun. It didn’t have the strongest antagonists overall, but I can forgive the generic nature of the Clandestine thanks to how they thematically played into the idea of refinding one’s home and familial responsibility. Damage Control were meh and just there to set up themes for the future but they worked.

It was all about the character work in this show and bar Kamran (boo) everyone shone, particularly Kamala’s family.

Loved the post-credit moment, and the mutant reveal was very cute.

5. Wow gay rights.

6. Caught the finale episode, I really enjoyed it. I liked the subtle touch of the costume Kamala’s mum made her essentially being a shalwar kameez with a dupatta, that made me giggle.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  7. OKAY so… just got through this in the last few days, and it was fantastic. Confident direction, cinematography, tone, everything.

Unapologetically telling a story about partition? Fuck yeah. Tonnes of touching family moments between Kamala, her parents and her grandmother? Pass me the tissues because I’m sobbing.

My only gripes were how quickly the Clandestine turned nasty (you’ve been waiting a hundred years already, chill) and, please don’t hate me for saying this, but despite Iman’s charisma she’s prone to mumbling. There were whole scenes between Kamala and Bruno in the first episode that I had to watch again because I could barely understand what the two of them were saying.

But yes, overall it’s up there with Wandavision and one of the best things to come out of Phase 4. Absolutely pumped for The Marvels.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.