MTV EMA 2014 - Glasgow | The Popjustice Forum

MTV EMA 2014 - Glasgow

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Stuart, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Couldn't find a thread posted for this already.

The 2014 MTV European Music Awards are being held at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Sunday 9th November. Nicki Minaj is hosting the event with performances from Ariana Grande, Calvin Harris, Kiesza, Royal Blood, Charli XCX and Ed Sheeran.

The tickets went on sale this morning to those that were successful in a public ballot. I don't suppose anyone on here was? 4 of us trying for tickets from multiple email addresses each and none of us were successful. Absolutely gutted.

2. I didn't get any either. I registered all 5 of my e-mail addresses and no luck for me or any of my friends.

3. The tickets for the public are very few sadly. You're better off trying for stan comps via twitter.

4. No luck here either guys!

5. More tickets went on sale this morning but only to those successful in the initial ballot again?! I don't see how balloting the tickets was 'fairer'. If anything, it's just caused more frustration and upset.

6. So surely they must be getting some bigger names in, Rihanna?

7. Hahaha.

8. My friend had an email to say she could buy tickets but she's busy that night. It says tickets given away or sold will become invalid so she can't even buy them for me. I want to cry.

9. MTV have posted the TV ad on their YouTube channel with the blurb saying "With performances by Miley Cyrus, Beyoncé and Eminem". Seems odd considering Miley and Eminem both performed last year. Not sure about the Beyoncé one, she obviously waited until the day to be announced for the BRITs this year but not exactly sure what she'd perform.

10. Is it only me or why do they mostly send B-listers to Europe? Gwen Stefani better hop over

11. Isn't Enrique performing?

12. I'm getting 'copy/paste' issues teas.

13. Of course I'll be there.

Of course I will not!

14. Just to give folk a heads up, we went along to the public casting today at The Hydro for standing tickets and 99% of people who 'auditioned' got a ticket to the show. We also got red carpet pre-show tickets too for being super enthusiastic in our audition!! The casting is happening again tomorrow if anyone wants a ticket.

15. Urgh this is ridiculous. Why has everything started happening in Glasgow the minute I move away?

Edit: did you have to pay for them?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  16. Nope, they were free if you were successful in your audition. But we saw about 20 auditions before ours and every single person got a ticket.

17. Charli's gonna kill the show!
    the only act I'm waiting forward to

18. I thought I'd heard it all, but 'auditioning' to be in an audience really takes the cake.

19. It's the audience that's gonna be on audience shots, that's why.

20. What did you have to do?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.