Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)/Pyramid schemes: The Body Shop betrayed us. | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)/Pyramid schemes: The Body Shop betrayed us.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by johnny_tsunami, Dec 3, 2019.

1. The fact that they brag about being able to afford groceries to try and entice people...They really are preying on the weak and vulnerable.

Yessss so successful I have to promote basic necessities.
    [​IMG]

2. The fact they went for 3️⃣ instead of a regular 3. Wow.

3. I've bought from a hun and I'm feeling guilty about it. In my defence, it's The Body Shop. I mentioned I was going to buy their new hemp stuff and she gets 30% off, so ...

Kind of annoyed The Body Shop has gone down the MLM route. They're such an ethical company otherwise.

Andrew.L and johnny_tsunami like this.
  4. The Body Shop has legitimately great products and I had no idea they were an MLM until recently, as they have store fronts still. It makes me sad that I can no longer support them.

5. Don't tell me that about the body shop. Half of my skincare products are from there.

johnny_tsunami and stuaw like this.
  6. Sam

Sam

The Body Shop?! Omg

stuaw likes this.
  7. A brand like that starting this...
    [​IMG]

POPGASM and stuaw like this.
  8. Omg even using the typical hun language on their website! What are they doing?!

9. Not that this should change anything for anyone, but they have been doing The Body Shop at Home for over 25 years now. They’ve obviously been squeezing enough pennies out of their own huns to have kept that arm profitable enough to stick around.

Jacques, joe_alouder, stuaw and 2 others like this.
  10. Just some #ownCEOhuns doing #bossbabe stuff, you jealous??!!

Jacques, jtm, joe_alouder and 9 others like this.
  11. I’m just a hater!

Jacques, jtm, life_is_good and 4 others like this.
  12. Don't let that negativity in your #life! Surround yourself with people that support your #dream! My diarrhea powder is 19.99 per month,

Jacques, jtm, joe_alouder and 21 others like this.
  13. My student years REEK of all the girls wearing Body Shop White Musk and their Coconut oil which I used religiously on my hair so learning they do pyramids since 1994 hurt.

stuaw, johnny_tsunami and Floppie like this.
  14. Reading through this thread provided fives of tens of cackles and as a result, I’d like to invite you all to a Tupperware party tomorrow night. If you can’t make it, we can have a Pampered Chef party next weekend.

JMRGBY, phily693, OspreyQueen and 5 others like this.
  15. Kim Kardashian <3

Suburbia and johnny_tsunami like this.
  16. Anybody wanna watch a Beachbody DVD with me while we drink our Shakeology meal replacement shakes?

junglefish and johnny_tsunami like this.
  17. These people desperately scraping together their pennies to make it to a sweaty convention center for ShitWorks is particularly sad:

How people buy into these conventions being so important is something else.

18. Only if we can warm our Scentsy wax & huff doTERRA essential oils.

johnny_tsunami and WowWowWowWow like this.
  19. I'm sure my mother used to have a Body Shop catalogue in the 90s ddd. She was also an Avon rep. Surely the OG MLM? Boss babing it for like ten decades, huns! Granted I don't think Avon was ever as icky unless I'm being naive. My mother handed out the catalogues without much fanfare and if no one wanted anything they'd just give the catalogue back (although my mother would drive us around hounding people for the catalogues back, probably in hopes of getting sales. Oop!)

Vasilios and stuaw like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.