Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)/Pyramid schemes | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

Multi-Level Marketing (MLM)/Pyramid schemes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by johnny_tsunami, Dec 3, 2019.

1. My favorite /r/antimlm posts are the ones that come up every few months that are like “I avoided this place because I thought it was for homophobes!”.

LPT, kal, Jacques and 8 others like this.
  2. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Has anyone watched this yet? It looks juicy yath

LPT, OlliMaus, joe_alouder and 12 others like this.
  3. My friend is watching this and sending me clips. So far Katy Perry and Kelly Clarkson have come up.

4. Well, that's my viewing for this evening sorted out.

LPT, WowWowWowWow, Trinu 3.0 and 2 others like this.
  5. I remember watching Vice’s mini documentary, the Carol Baskin owner running a group chat constantly pestering some of the overweight sellers if they want to get some liposuction was disturbing.

6. I'm obsessed with the guy who can't listen to Kelly Clarkson anymore and wants to watch Lularoe burn down while eating nachos.

Also, the story about the guy sending a Google images photo of stacked cash...SCREAM.

The whole thing is excellent. Seeing Mike and DeeAnn become progressively angry and uncomfortable was great.

7. The LuLaRoe owners being mormon... why am I not surprised.

LPT, OlliMaus, joe_alouder and 11 others like this.
  8. Their whole family could be the pyramid scheme. Sweet Jesus.

9. I watched all 4 episodes of that today and that bit in episode 3 where she says her mother advocated for women's rights but not equal rights for women was gross. Her mother wrote a book about shaking your tits to keep your husband happy I -- no wonder DeeAnn has a fucked up worldview of the family structure.

LPT, WowWowWowWow, jtm and 4 others like this.
  10. That LuLaRemix of Me Too took 5 years off my life.

Jacques, LPT, OlliMaus and 13 others like this.
  11. I just watched the first episode… how do you get to have so many children????? hdjfjjdjdk

And all that from selling skirts/leggings? I can’t.

Jacques, LPT, WowWowWowWow and 6 others like this.
  12. The Stidhams being so fucked up that none of you have even thought to mention that two of their kids married each other KFSDJLDFKJASLFJ

Jacques, LPT, Subwaykid and 15 others like this.
  13. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

"They aren't related by blood! Its not weird!!!!"

Growing up with Mormons desensitized me so much to this that i'm like "Yeah thats not that weird."

LPT, OlliMaus, joe_alouder and 15 others like this.
  14. If I was you, I’d wanna wear Lularoe
    I’d wanna wear Lularoe
    I’d wanna wear Lula… roe!

[​IMG]

LPT, stuaw, joe_alouder and 14 others like this.
  15. I actually knew someone in college who sold it from her dorm room, which may have been against the university's rules, but that was in like 2014-15 so it makes me wonder if she was one of the first retailers.
    [​IMG]

TRAVVV, stuaw, WowWowWowWow and 7 others like this.
  16. Being on a boat with a whole bunch of white people like that is just not my thing. I’m so sorry, I just had to say it.

Jdjjfjfjsbbshdjdjdhdjdjjddj

LPT, stuaw, OlliMaus and 13 others like this.
  17. I need a LulaRoe miniseries. I mean, the content about this Tijuana stomach surgery cult alone!

TRAVVV, Jacques, LPT and 5 others like this.
  18. I finished this last night and it was so bittersweet. I feel so bad for some of these women.

The founding couple are creepy af. They remind me of magicians (hate them!) in the way that they have every hand movement and voice intonation so learnt it feels like they're a cartoon character following a script. The way their attitude changed when they were in court fffff

The docu has put another light in some FB groups that I am in because of my newly found fitness journey through Beachb*dy. The way every single day I see the same people posting almost the same picture (it's always a sweaty selfie with a different outfit) and a super inspirational description of the workout... it's just weird. I think their focus is to sell their Shakeol*gy drinks and that the workouts (the famous Insanity, P90X, etc.) are a means to that end. Thank Godney I took trains to them.

LPT, stuaw, OlliMaus and 11 others like this.
  19. Finally watching LuLaRich and whew. The moment where Deanne stops her husband because he's "about to get logical" and then waxes poetic about her ~*mindset*~ behind the bonus checks IMMEDIATELY followed by the hard cut to her very flatly denying having anything to do with it in her deposition is just...chef's kiss.

LPT, stuaw, OlliMaus and 5 others like this.
  20. Good morning, Tijuana Skinnies

Jacques, pmas, LPT and 13 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.