MUNA - Saves the World (2nd Album) | Page 39 | The Popjustice Forum

MUNA - Saves the World (2nd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, May 21, 2019.

1. rdp

rdp

Aw, jesus. That acoustic version of Stayaway that they also recorded for Spotify never fails to absolutely wreck me.

dodoriazarbon, nooniebao, SMG and 4 others like this.
  2. The doggies were a nice touch but why was I so nervous she was gonna accidentally skate on one of them ddd??

3. The harmonies on that performance of Stayaway, oh my god.

Stopremix and RebelFingers like this.
  4. On a related note, I hope this means another The Knocks album is on the cards!

Perfect song, perfect video, perfect statement explaining the meaning behind the song, perfect close to a summer in which, by coincidence, I finally got around to listening to Saves the World. "It's gonna be okay, baby", indeed!

Serg., Crisp X, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  5. It's been a year now, girlies.

6. SMG

SMG

What an album.

7. Genuinely one of the best albums ever. The fact they’re so underrated is criminal.

ALEX, gagapourgaga, Lost Boy and 13 others like this.
  8. Jesus, the time is running fast.

clowezra likes this.
  9. Saves the World didn't quite hit the relentless, exhilarating emotional highs on About U for me, but the best songs on it - Stayaway, Navy Blue, Taken, It's Gonna Be Okay - are really ageing like fine wine. It was a strong sophomore record and I'm so excited to see where they go next.

c_0_r_3_y and etienne like this.
  10. I still listen to it daily almost, amazing album!

Edu, Stopremix and rdp like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Seeing them live and their set was a literal hit after hit after hit. What a band, ready for them to rule the world with their next record.

12. I hope they get to obliterate festival season whenever they come back. For whatever reason they've not quite managed to do one properly yet and I feel like so many of these songs would be incredible in settings like that.

Diet Pop!, nooniebao and Jackarywoo like this.
  13. Pink Light is still thee one.

[​IMG]

ALEX, R92, Diet Pop! and 8 others like this.
  14. I really do love Saves the World a lot. It's an album I always return to when I'm going through a depressive episode. Good News for instance is just so effortlessly uplifting. And as far as the emotive combination of the lyricism and production... like Taken exploring the feeling that you can't help repeating the mistakes your parents made, and Navy Blue just so vividly capturing the feeling of being engulfed in melancholy... Like who gave them the right to hit me in the heart like that? Ugh. I really need to listen to their debut at some point - if it's better than Saves the World as some say, I'm not sure I'm ready.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Doenjang, Sail On, Diet Pop! and 7 others like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

You absolutely must. Right now!!

Diet Pop!, Artangel, Mikal and 4 others like this.
  16. Now I have a sudden urge to crack open a beer and listen to Stayaway on repeat.
    How has it been a year?

Also, Everything came on shuffle the other day and it Instantly took me back to summer 2017 when I discovered the album, it honestly made me want to cry with nostalgia.

Jackarywoo, rdp and Edu like this.
  17. Edu

Edu

START BELIEVING
    YOU WERE RIGHT AND
    I WAS BEING
    TOO DRAMATIC

[​IMG]
    SO I GOTTA
    LEAVE THE LIGHT ON
    FOR TONIGHT
    JUST SO I CAN...

[​IMG]
    STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYRGHHH
    [​IMG]

18. "Never" keeps making me weak in the knees.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Zinone, Edu, Diet Pop! and 3 others like this.
  19. If the run of Stayaway - Who - Navy Blue - Never doesn't make you curl up in a ball of emotion, I question your humanity.

20. 4 hours later...

NO ONE EVER TOLD ME
    LEAVING WAS THE EASY PART
    I’VE GOT TO STAY A WAYYYY HEYYY

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.