MUNA - (Self-titled) | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

MUNA - (Self-titled)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Sep 1, 2021.

1. I’ve been waiting for this announcement! HOME BY NOW IS COMING!

2. Katie gives best selfie face.

3. I think this is my second favorite so far.

4. Good god this record is shaping up to be something else. Totally get the Body Talk era Robyn comparisons and I would say it’s deserving of that rarified title?

5. They were right to say this was the most like their debut. In all the right ways. Shivers. And I can bop too!

swim, Heartthrob, Serg. and 3 others like this.
  6. 4/4! I love how each song has given us something different so far. The way they’ve described the album makes complete sense.

7. I like how this newest stuff all just feels a bit lighter and more breezy, honestly. I stan the angsty power-melancholy they've excelled at in the past but this era really feels like they've taken those skills and applied it to something I could listen to day to day rather than when I'm just feeling gay, sad and drunk.

8. Love this too. Anything But Me is still my fave.

Like others have been saying, this is shaping up to be incredible. I am thisclose to getting a vinyl

9. How the F was this not the lead?! It's quite possibly the best song they've ever put out!

10. Banger. Not as great (for now) as Anything But Me but I'm excited to live with it. When's the album coming?!

11. Edu

Edu

Yeah, this is the one.
    I know it's a MUNA classic when it makes me feel like:

[​IMG]

12. Definitely has About U vibes, but this is my least favorite of the 4 songs we've heard. It feels like it's missing a layer, maybe of harmonies? It slots in nicely with what we've heard, but they use that same throbbing synth which makes it feel a bit MUNA-by-numbers. To be clear, that's not necessarily a bad thing when you're MUNA! Kind of Girl remains the strongest because it takes their DNA to new places.

slaybellz and pedroleum like this.
  13. I agree. The song is great, but it feels very been there, done that for them. It's definitely for the fans who were asking "where are the bops icy synths?" a couple weeks ago.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  14. If it had a more melancholy feel I think it would work better, but it's not that emotional and leaves me a little cold.

1. Anything But Me
    2. Silk Chiffon / Kind of Girl
    3. Home By Now

15. Why is it
    so hot
    in LA
    In late
    Oct
    ober?

[​IMG]

16. 'Home By Now' is already my song of the year

swim, Andrew and Serg. like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Ohhh this is huge. They don't mess around.

lushLuck, swim and Someboy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.