MUNA - (Self-titled) | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

MUNA - (Self-titled)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Between this and Ethel Chain’s cover, I need more Britney selections from all the gals.

Wishlight, Edu, Serg. and 5 others like this.
  2. Oh my god?? It’s amazing! This is the energy I need from my faves for Pride month!

Lindsay Lohan likes this.
  3. I'm obsessed with the second chorus on Kind of Girl, specifically the sheer emotion with which Katie sings work in the gaaaAaarden. Only MUNA.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  4. Ah that’s gorgeous!

5. Oh my god!!

6. That Britney cover is gay rights.

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Muna could sing anything and make it 10x better it's so true!

Wishlight, Edu, OlliMaus and 3 others like this.
  8. This is amazing. How do they do it?!

9. MUNA coming to save the gays again

Edu, happiestgirl, Serg. and 6 others like this.
  10. I cannot say enough incredible things about this cover, so I will say nothing at all. But I will be listening to it on loop for the foreseeable future.

11. Lollapalooza after show tickets secured. I hope they perform that cover at the show because oh my god, it is so unbelievably sublime.

12. No, YOU started crying when Sometimes started.

MUNA’s ability and commitment to creating affirming, shameless spaces in music feel like the warmest hug to my shamed 13-year-old self. They covered Britney’s f*ggiest song with a shameless respect for its quality as a song. There is no “hehe we covered Sometimes!!” here. Their music really helps heal me. It’s gonna be okay, indeed.

Wishlight, Edu, lushLuck and 11 others like this.
  13. Literally my ONLY critique is Katie WAILING over the bridge would have been such a moment, but this cover is masterful in a way that only they can do.

14. Me clicking on this having absolutely no idea that it was a Britney cover and hearing the first line, oh my god my heart literally skipped a beat...

I know a lot of people like to clown Sometimes but it's legit one of my favourite Britney songs. This is a fantastic cover, they really made it into their own song!

Hyrulian, Edu, lushLuck and 7 others like this.
  15. Same on all points. I saw someone share it to their story and just thought “new MUNA, cool!” And then the song started and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Sometimes has always been one of my favorite Britney songs ever so experiencing this with no forewarning felt like a fever dream.

echoamelie, Fantasy, LykkeLi and 3 others like this.
  16. Sometimes is typically one of my least favorite Britney songs (well, singles really) but this cover is glorious. I have an entirely new appreciation for the original.

scottdisick94, Serg., Mikal and 3 others like this.
  17. It’s moments like this that remind us that Muna really are the greatest band in the world.

18. I’m speechless.This is so fucking good.

19. This is literally coming at the perfect moment for me. I have not stopped playing it all day.

How does their music consistently manage to put me in a good mood when I’m feeling my worst?

I could not love them more.

Wishlight, lushLuck, Serg. and 3 others like this.
  20. I went into this not realising it was a Britney cover too, and on the first line I thought “is this a cover of something?” (I hadn’t looked at the title) and it still took me another 30 seconds or so to get what it was. This is lovely. I now want them to cover Geri’s Sometimes.

Stopremix and nooniebao like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.