MUNA - (Self-titled) | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

MUNA - (Self-titled)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Sep 1, 2021.

1. This cover is taking over my life I fear??

2. I fear potentially hearing this live in November is going to kill me.

3. I… am not hearing what you guys are hearing in this cover. It’s just… there.

4. It takes a teeny bop bubblegum song and turns it into something with more depth. For me anyway.

adayasatiger and aboutyounow like this.
  5. Apple Music lyrics has the middle 8 lyrics for Home By Now as “why is it so hard in LA, anyway, oh it’s over”, but I hear “why’s it so hot in LA in late October”. Who’s right?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    adayasatiger likes this.
  6. I think it’s ‘why is it so hot in LA in late October’. Climate change queens!

lushLuck likes this.
  7. I hope its the October line, or their lyric video is a wee. Bit. Frad-u-lent.

ItBeats and slaybellz like this.
  8. Yeah why trust Apple Music when you can go right to the source!

Booers and nooniebao like this.
  9. Obsessed with the Sometimes cover. They just don’t miss.

matthew., Hyrulian, lushLuck and 8 others like this.
  10. I'm only getting to hear 'Sometimes' today and I am now looking forward to requesting this everywhere and crying on the dancefloor

lushLuck and Stopremix like this.
  11. Listen twice.

slaybellz likes this.
  12. This...slapping a basic 80s synth pop/Into You-esque production onto a classic...does not give it more 'depth', the cover sounds contrived, the emotionless vocals doesn't help either. Funny how they skipped the bridge entirely, probably because they couldnt find a way to incorporate it with that beat and consequently it feels pretty incomplete. Reminder: not everything with a 80s pop beat is the second coming of Christ.

13. For the record, I’m only liking this because I don’t think it’s a very successful cover, overall. I don’t think MUNA are the problem though, it’s just that the original song is so poor, even they can’t save it.

14. This profile piece where they get matching tattoos of their 7.7 Pitchfork score is such a kii

dodoriazarbon, Edu, drewsky and 7 others like this.
  15. MUNA can do nothing wrong. We are to them what straight cis men were to Tyler Durden in Fight Club.

lushLuck, Edu, Someboy and 4 others like this.
  16. Really great Pitchfork piece! It captures what makes them so special really well. Can’t wait for the album this month.

soratami, Mikal and slaybellz like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

They're all so hot fff. I need this album please and thanks.

18. Fuck me. I thought that was the PJ, Bjork and Tori pic from the 90s.

Their minds!!!

Mvnl, Fuchsia, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  19. This is one of the funniest posts I’ve read in a long time.

lushLuck and ManilaChinchilla like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.