MUNA - (Self-titled) | Page 30 | The Popjustice Forum

MUNA - (Self-titled)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Saves The World is my favourite by them, every single song is ranging from great to amazing. I mean the debut is obviously amazing as well.

BikeThief, aux, RainOnFire and 4 others like this.
  2. Ehm... Do you mean What I Want? We do need it, I agree.

Wishlight, AllGagaLike, Ferk and 3 others like this.
  3. After the weekend I'm comfortable placing this as their best work yet.

On the note of their debut, End of Desire is probably their most underrated song.

Ferk and Stopremix like this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

They have no bad songs! This album further cements that.

Jackarywoo, Serg., Ferk and 2 others like this.
  5. Maybe they were thinking of this song? Which is another excellent queer bop btw!

GimmeWork, Wishlight, drewsky and 3 others like this.
  6. Nice promo but don’t think it fits single of the year criteria.

7. They make everything sound great, but I do think this record might have their relative worst song: Solid.

Produced and sung nicely, cute while listening to the album, but it's Katy Perry C-Side lyrically.

They're capable of much better, basically.

adayasatiger likes this.
  8. False!

GimmeWork, Wishlight, Jersey and 11 others like this.
  9. The album is #26 in today’s UK official chart update! I’m fairly certain that their first two albums didn’t make the Top 200 here, so it’s a great improvement. Happy for them!

And my vinyl order presumably hasn’t been counted towards their sales yet because it’s still “pending” on Recordstore, tut!

Edit: About U peaked at #170 on 10th February 2017. Saves the World reached #48 in the Download Albums Chart but didn't make it into the main Top 200.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  10. Me before What I Want:
    Yes Muna OK

Me after What I Want:
    Where are the EU dates Munakia?

Andrew and Ferk like this.
  11. I mean … it isn’t their BEST lyrics ever but there is nothing even remotely as unforgivable as “your words are like Chinese water torture and there’s no finish line, always one more corner” or the entirety of Hey Hey Hey, so…

12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Katie singing softly alongside the string section in Loose Garment... instant tears.

13. Considering it was released in 2018 I can’t see it either.

slaybellz likes this.
  14. After a few days with this, I think Loose Garment could be the one in an album of the ones.

swim likes this.
  15. I think Loose Garment should be classified as an emotional hate crime against me, personally.

16. Me: this album is really good, why have they taken so long to release their second album?

Me, 45 seconds later: oh!

boombazookajoe likes this.
  17. I still think their second album is THE album but each one really feels like an evolution of their sound so it's hard to compare

Wishlight, Serg., Sail On and 2 others like this.
  18. "Runner's High" has been skull dragging me today. Those beats are delicious.

19. Imagine discovering two fantastic MUNA albums in one day? Lucky you!

Wishlight, ItBeats, lushLuck and 11 others like this.
  20. Didn't stay for the fight
    Honey, you should see me fly
    Since I ran out on you I'm
    On a runner's high

[​IMG]

Wishlight, ItBeats, Ferk and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.