MUNA - (Self-titled) | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

MUNA - (Self-titled)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Tiger Suit, Sep 1, 2021.

1. I recently discovered MUNA thanks to the Sometimes cover and I went through all their music. Hopefully it's not an unpopular opinion, but outside of the singles, I keep on coming back to Pink Light.

Andrew and ManilaChinchilla like this.
  2. They were great on Saturday night. Literally no faults.

strictmachine79 likes this.
  3. So I'm giving their discography a listen and was wondering if anyone knows where I could listen to the More Perfect EP? I can't find it anywhere.

slaybellz likes this.
  4. You can find it here.

5. Thank you!!!

slaybellz likes this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Runner's High is so mega.

7. Pink Light is a massive bop tbf.

8. 'Pink Light' is one of their best.

9. It's the song of theirs I spam the most on my IG stories when the sun sets tbh.

slaybellz, stoicist and AshtrayHeart like this.
  10. Edu

Edu

Katie giving us Big Pop Girl energy more than most current Big Pop Girls feels so... right!
    Home By Now sounds magical.

Music Is Death likes this.
  11. The middle run of Handle Me > No Idea > So Solid is just so… sexy. Whew.

12. Highkey sad that "Handle Me" was the only song not performed from the album.

boombazookajoe, Ferk and slaybellz like this.
  13. The middle 8 of No Idea is still so perfect and gorgeous.

Ferk likes this.
  14. Talent supporting talent.

15. I don't know how, but collab queens. Please.

Ferk and slaybellz like this.
  16. This whole interaction is extremely important to me.

17. I just pictured them having Jo join them for “What I Want” / “Too Little Too Late” on stage. Make it happen!

18. Saw them at the Grammy Museum for a Q&A moderated by Phoebe Bridgers, alongside 5 songs - What I Want, Home By Now, Kind of Girl, Anything But Me, and Silk Chiffon with Phoebe.

The Q&A was hysterical. They have such great chemistry while performing and bantering. It was fascinating to hear about how some of this album was made:

-Loose Garment was inspired by Guy Sigsworth's What It Feels Like For a Girl and Frou Frou productions
    -Katie was frustrated by the vocals on What I Want and she said you can hear her anger in the final performance
    -No Idea almost didn't make the album and was submitted down to the wire
    -Their favorite misheard lyric is "Like Big Bird Standard" on Number One Fan

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  19. This is fabulous

slaybellz and xOJakeXo like this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This album is great but I'm sad I'm not obsessed with it as I have been with their other two. What I Want is in their top 5 songs though, whew my wig.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.