Muse - General Discussion

Steveweiser said:
Their T in the Park set = their Glastonbury set, minus The Edge, plus a better suit for Matt, plus fans shouting "HERE WE FUCKING GO" over everything.

I love being Scottish.

HERE WE. HERE WE. HERE WE.........

Just got back from Wembley Stadium. Truly fucking amazing gig. They could even afford to drop NEW BORN from the setlist. They included Bliss, Citizen Erased, Ruled By Secrecy and Take A Bow.

Steveweiser said:
Just got back from Wembley Stadium. Truly fucking amazing gig. They could even afford to drop NEW BORN from the setlist. They included Bliss, Citizen Erased, Ruled By Secrecy and Take A Bow.

"Bliss", "Citizen Erased" and "Ruled By Secrecy" made my fucking night, and "Knights Of Cydonia" may just be the greatest live concert experience of my entire life. I don't think anything will ever top it.

It was just such an amazing show. Confetti, a spaceship, giant floating eyeballs, a floating stage... It was all just brilliant. I don't think I can put into words just how good this gig was. The best of my life bar none.

Whereabouts were you in the crowd, Steve? I take it you were at the Saturday show as well. I was standing with my friends pretty central, but quite far in as well. The five minute rain for "Uprising" was so atmospheric and perfect that you could swear it was all part of the show!

S

SockMonkey

I quite like the new Virgin Money advert too, but mainly because of them using some of Daft Punk's 'Tron: Legacy' soundtrack.

[video=youtube;IqFZGnfMLMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqFZGnfMLMw[/video]

Pure epicness. Out in September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Muse - The 2nd Law (6th Album)

Amazing. That looks flawless. That music sounds like Knife Party or something.

September is going to be a huge month for bands. No Doubt, The XX, The Vaccines and now Muse? Huge.

Amazing. I really wasn't expecting that. I reckon we'll hear the first single by the end of the month!

I love a bit of Muse, and I love that the sound has evolved a bit, another Black Holes/Resistance might have got boring.

I will not miss out on seeing them live this time, they are probably the only act left I'd be willing to see at a stadium.

I started to dislike them after their last record - so this album should better be really good.

I've seen them live and they are really one of the best bands live.

That sounds properly amazing. I'm guessing it's two separate songs, as they don't quite fit together well, but individually, they really seem quite special. Bring it on.

I will not miss out on seeing them live this time, they are probably the only act left I'd be willing to see at a stadium.

DO IT. They're one of the few acts in existence that properly work in a stadium setting. Definitely worth it.

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it.
They're becoming bigger and more epic it seems (hopefully).

Muse are incredible, their frontman is the best male vocalist I've ever seen like his voice was incredible live.

This sounds a bit dubsteppy to me, which isn't really my thing but I'm leaving my mind open because they've never disappointed me before. Then again I said the same about Coldplay...

Tour Announced - http://muse.mu/news/article/781/uk--european-tour-announced/

16.10 Park&Suites Arena, Montpellier, France
18.10 Bercy, Paris, France
20.10 Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain
22.10 Zenith, Nantes, France
24.10 SECC, Glasgow, UK
26.10 O2 Arena, London, UK
27.10 O2 Arena, London, UK
30.10 LG Arena, Birmingham, UK
01.11 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
12.11 Olympiahalle, Munich, Germany