Muse - General Discussion

Re: Muse - The 2nd Law (6th Album)

I've decided not to go and see them live this time around. They're one of the best live bands out there, but I'm not paying £60 to go a concert alone in the shitty, soulless SECC that is also supporting an album that I haven't yet heard. I'm properly gutted as I thought they would probably be about £40, but perhaps they're putting together an even more elaborate production. I wouldn't be surprised, but I think my reasons are good enough.

I saw them at Wembley last time anyway. Doesn't really get much better.

The first single "Unsustainable" gets its première tomorrow (27th June) at 7:30pm on Zane Lowe's show on Radio 1.

Why are artists starting to forget about poor little Ireland? First Nicki Minaj, and now Muse!

They just confirmed that the song is called 'Survival' and that it's not the first 'single' off the album but it is the official song for the Olympics.

Why are artists starting to forget about poor little Ireland? First Nicki Minaj, and now Muse!

It's so annoying! I'm hoping that MCD were holding off the announcement while they were trying to get rid of Red Hot Chilli Pepper tickets.

Oh, God. It's going to be some anthem about renewable fuels, isn't it? I'll be on a train at the time, so I'll hear it later on tonight.

It's going to be available to download straight after its first play tonight at 7:30.

That was amazing, Muse have done it again. I am speechless.

I half-expected Under The Sun by Cheryl to start playing at the beginning though...

Have only heard the clip, but I'm not impressed....is it supposed to be a parady of an Olympics song?! Worried for the album now!!

It's all kinds of awful. It's like if "United States Of Eurasia" was shit.

Absolutely uninspiring. They've had slow-burning songs before, but literally nothing happens for the first three and a half minutes. After that it's alright, but that's hardly high praise for a fucking Muse song. Is this actually even part of the album? Please god, no.

I mean, I know it's not really an official single under the banner of the new album, but even the single cover is just...

Muse-Survival.jpg

God.

that photo of the three of them running with the Olympic torch is so ridiculous I feel it must have been the product of Photoshopping

as for the song, big Supertramp influence there

Wait, so did they write it for the olympics and that's why it is on the album?

The song is okay but kinda boring/wrong as a song for the olympics..hm.

[video=youtube;HBu14q1dNP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBu14q1dNP0[/video]

Olympics video for the song, trimmed down a bit.

I can't quite get over the fact I'm in the US when they're playing here. It's so unfair.