Musicals/Plays | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Musicals/Plays

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wickedbruv, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Calm down. You said that, I didn't. I wasn't accusing anybody. I was merely speculating. There has been some change happened in my lifetime, that's for sure.

2. Between various posts you’ve made, you clearly have a disdain for the generations below you. Assuming that all millennials and Gen Z have no manners is a very...suspect thought considering it’s your generation that are the worst for being rude and entitled.

londonrain, Andy French and Verandi like this.
  3. Outside of family shows where I expect some disruption, because children do have to learn somehow, the only times young people have been disruptive in a theatre is when they’ve been clearly dragged along against their will.

And adults are always worse. I’ve had shouting drunks, screaming latecomers, and outright snobbish people loudly complaining about every single thing they have to deal with as if spending £50 each means you own the damn building.

londonrain and JMRGBY like this.
  4. You've been keeping tabs on me?

And I never said "all" - you need to learn to not get so triggered. Seek to understand maybe?

5. I mean, the language in this literally says it all. Next.

londonrain likes this.
  6. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

Someone’s reported Distant Cousin’s posts here and I can see everyone’s point about them but the point people seem to have missed is that they were saying young people haven’t been brought up properly, which is actually a criticism of the older generation. And I’d be inclined to agree with that in the sense that older people are AWFUL for talking and bellowing through gigs. When I see younger fans at shows the attention and reverence they show is actually pretty encouraging.

7. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

(Also in most instances if people want to chat and do whatever the fuck they want having paid £££ for a ticket that’s absolutely fine by me.)

8. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

(Actually I’ve just realised I’m not in the thread I thought I was in so maybe hollering away through a play isn’t necessarily the best way of going about things!) (Ignore me!) (But don’t completely ignore me.)

9. I've been to a lot of shows in the past few years and I've never had bad experiences with young people? They're always excited to be there and are respectful. It's always the older generation who seem to be talking through it sooo

londonrain and JMRGBY like this.
  10. I'm confused by this post. From the look of your picture I thought you were about 45?

Andrew.L likes this.
  11. 46 actually, but who's counting?

londonrain likes this.
  12. ummmm

Daily reminder to stan SIX

13. I saw Oliver a few years back and an old lady sang LOUDLY along to every single word.

14. [​IMG]

15. The issue with that post is that it’s meant to hurt me but it’s just factually untrue so it turned into comedy.

londonrain and Andrew.L like this.
  16. Best way to look at it.

londonrain, Andrew.L and JMRGBY like this.
  17. Which Shania song is this?

18. I have The Book Of Mormon coming up at last, and I need to book for Six when it returns to Salford...
    Anyone else got any other North Western recommendations?

(I’m also back in London end of May, so... Today Tix might be coming back out)

19. I'm seeing Maggie Smith in "A German Life" on Saturday, and I'm honestly so excited to be even in the presence of such acting greatness.

Trinu 3.0 and Holly Something like this.
  20. Okay, so I managed to find the pro-shot version of Everybody's Talking About Jamie online, and I just finished watching it.

My mind is blown. And yes, I spent half an hour crying over 'He's My Boy'. It hit home HARDDDDD.

Gah, I've already bought the cast recording on double vinyl as well as digitally. Do I even fly to the UK from Australia to see it in person?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.