Musicals/Plays | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Musicals/Plays

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wickedbruv, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Sunday In The Park With George sorted!

I'll see anything Sondheim and whilst this show isn't exactly at the top of my list I wasn't going to miss Jake.

Sweeney Todd, Gypsy and Follies
    are amongst the best shows I've ever seen. Company not so much.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    TheBakersSon and Andrew.L like this.
  2. The Light In The Piazza is a semi opera, half sung in Italian, with no discernible tunes, muddled plotting and a highly unsatisfactory ending.

I loved every minute.

Think I got swept away by the voices and 40 piece orchestra.

I'm becoming such a cliched middle aged gay.

3. Snap!

I finally saw Book Of Mormon tonight, and yes, that South Park/Team America humour is exactly what I wanted in a musical, and yes the songs were great, and I was honestly living my best life as I cried tears of laughter.

They’re putting on Gypsy over Christmas in Manchester and I already can not wait.

LP likes this.
  4. The Light in the Piazza must be doing terribly because it was on £15 offer before premiering. I'm not sure I can be tempted.

5. I'm seeing On Your Feet tonight. I am looking forward to it but I'm really tired so I hope I can still enjoy it.

LP likes this.
  6. I thought the same thing but some tickets have been cheap from the beginning. I bought mine a couple of months back and ticket was £16. It was totally sold out last night.

7. Sunday in the Park with George is going for mega bucks! Being a theatre fan is very draining on my finances!

8. There are tickets for £25, £35 and £45.

9. You take that back!

londonrain, TheBakersSon and Andrew.L like this.
  10. Good point, I only briefly looked at the stalls. I’ve seen several shows at the Savoy and always sat there so have a good idea of the staging etc but haven’t ventured to other levels before

11. Bought a ticket for the balcony in Row B for £14.50, got upgraded to Dress Circle Row A when we got there. It was a great show but the second act was a little ballad heavy.

12. That doesn’t bode well does it?

Holly Something likes this.
  13. Dress circle usually have the best views?

14. Exactly. Upgrading people to better seats suggests they weren’t sold, which doesn’t bode well for the show.

londonrain likes this.
  15. Which shows did you abandon ?

16. I wouldn’t book George just yet. Wait a good six months.

17. Oh, what makes you say that? Do you know something?!

18. No, they just always overprice limited engagements as soon as tickets are released. I don’t think it will sell out.

19. I'm going to New York for the first time next weekend and would love to catch a broadway show. Any show recommendations?

Holly Something likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.