Musicians Of Popjustice | The Popjustice Forum

Musicians Of Popjustice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lennox, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hey Guys,

I worked on this cover of Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" and would love to know what you guys think. It uses the instrumental track from Kelly's version, but the vocals (lead and backing) are all original. Kelly's vocals have been completely removed. The whole project was done in Apple's Garageband, with the vocals being recorded using only the built in microphone on the MacBook. There's still a few things I'd like to change and unfortunately when uploading to YouTube there was some loss in sound quality, but see what you think - It's a work in progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVCVV4UU6MM

*Probably sounds best if you use headphones.

2. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

Are you for real? This is just a whole load of Auto-Tune.

3. Sorry? That's kinda the sound I was going for. Even the original has auto tuned vocals. Garageband actually doesn't have a proper auto tuner so it was just done with various other adjustments to give it the auto tune effect. I was honestly just messing around with Garageband and thought I'd post it... oh well.

4. Don't you have a greatest hits album to promote? :o

5. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

Sorry, but it's what I imagine what Dumper would sound like if he had a record contract.

Can we hear it without the robot effects please?

6. I thought it was gonna be a guy so I was sort of baffled at the start of it. I thought it wasn't bad though. I've recorded myself singing plenty and have no shaming in overusing autotune.

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Surely you mean Dumper's girlfriend?
    You can tell which is which as she's the one with a bow on her head, and big eyelashes.

8. It is...

9. Not it's not...

10. Oh.

She sounds like me when I sing. Fact.

11. Today, me and my friend (platonical) recorded an acoustic cover of La Gaga's 'Telephone'...

This is the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt0_tngqAq0

HURRAH!

If you do watch it, one can only hope you enjoy it. Especially the Beyoncé bit.

12. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

13. In the words of Stacey Solomon...

Can't please 'em all!

14. I love you.

15. potatosalad

potatosalad Guest

You should have posted this instead:

It's Raining Men: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNurnOk60lw

I personally like the bit where you hit your head on the washing line and almost knock your glasses off the best.

Much more entertaining!

16. Ah yes!

My near decapitation...

Thank you.

17. IotV

IotV Guest

Well, at least you have a sense of humour!

18. My ears are bleeding.

SORRY.

19. This can't be serious can it? It's like some awful pisstake I don't get.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.