Mutya Buena

It's not that bad. Take into account it is only a demo version and things will sound a lot more polished and refined in the end.

Mutya really is knocking out music at a fast rate. I recks she's got something special up her sleeve..

Ambassador Stick Insect said:
It's not that bad. Take into account it is only a demo version and things will sound a lot more polished and refined in the end.

Mutya really is knocking out music at a fast rate. I recks she's got something special up her sleeve..

Oh I never knew it's a demo...no it is not that bad but is bad for a debut single! That's what I was saying but I don't think it will ever be released...which is good!

I think it's quite good actually especially since it's just a demo. I'm very impressed with her songs lately, I'm anticipating for her album. I knew she was a great singer in the Sugababes but alone she shines vocally by miles.

I quite like it, like I quite liked Dark Side and 2 The Limit. However, they all sound like the closest-thing-to-fillers-on-a-Sugababes-album tracks on the Sugababes albums, if you see what I mean.

S

Scott

I think she produces great production, if it's not done solely by her as I knew she wanted to aid in production in her solo career. She also has the perfect voice to sing without harmonising with itself, like Stacie Orrico seems to do on every note.

She has confirmed as to duets with George Michael, Groove Armada and Tah Mac, the latter being used on her own album which I predict will be the first single.

Scott said:
She has confirmed as to duets with George Michael, Groove Armada and Tah Mac, the latter being used on her own album which I predict will be the first single.

Damn, you beat me to it!
but just to confirm the confirmation(?) this is on her MySpace:
my album will b out next yr and same as tha singles,but look out 4 my duet wit tha amazin george michael and groove amarda this yr...
...Both sound like something I'd love to hear.
Hope she learn how to spell Armada though.

my album will b out next yr and same as tha singles,but look out 4 my duet wit tha amazin george michael and groove amarda this yr...

If Mutya was a PJ forum member I fear her posts would have been consistently deleted by a moderator.

This is very exciting. I'm glad she's not rushing her album or proper solo release, but also pleased she's going to be repositioning herself as an artist in her own right away from the 'babes with duets this year.

it has a nice beat, but its too plain if she shuld come out wit the choice of demos, id pick "love story" "suffer for love" or "2 the limit" those songs are ace... i belive "suffer for love" is gonna be a single. it never leaked full.

Have listened to Addiction properly now, and I'm really liking it - the dancehall, 'Dip it Low'-style beat sounds quite nice, and her voice really is working well on the song. Sort-of imagined she'd go for quite an R&B-based route, especially as the Sugababes seem to be moving away from that as she left.

The backing just needs 'fattening up' a bit for the proper release (doesn't this happen in mastering?) and I reckon this could be a very strong first single, though I didn't take the time to listen to the others properly so can't compare. If she produced this herself, I'm extremely impressed!

All power to Mutya - I honestly thought there wasn't much hope when she left, but it looks like she's all set to prove me wrong.

S

Scott

Have people heard this yet? Amazing. Her vocals are outstanding and effortlessly glide with George's.

S

Scott

THIS IS NOT REAL LOVE lyrics - George Michael and Mutya

George:
Don't kiss me, darling
I want you to hear the things I say
I loved you in my way
But you know I'm gonna leave you
Mutya:
The clock was always ticking
And your heart,
Yes I know your heart is always on the run

George:
I hate what I've become
But I'm still gonna leave you
And I don't think you should stay for the night

Mutya:
Baby you know that my flesh is weak
You know I simply

Both:
I cannot sleep without you
My heart has simply nowhere to go

Mutya:
Nothing to hold
Those tears you're crying

George:
Time and time again you take me back in baby

Mutya:
You don't have to make it plain

Both:
This is not real love

Mutya:
Look at us dancing baby
Let's dance and show them all
(Dance and show them all)
How close we are
The lies have worked so far
So we go on deceiving

George:
But darling don't you know the time
Baby, look at yourself, holding back the tide
Like you've got something else up your sleeve
That's why I've got to leave

Both:
And I don't think you should stay here tonight
(Baby don't you know that my flesh is weak, you know)
I simply I cannot sleep without you
But someday I'll have nothing to show
(Nothing to show)
(Nothing to show)
I've nothing to hold

George:
Oh, baby, crying
All those simple things that won't come again
Oh do I have to make it plain
This is not real love

And I said this is not real love
Mutya:
Real love
Baby it don't glisten and shine the way it used to

George:
This is not real love (real love)
Baby think of all the promises I made on the day that I seduced you
Baby don't wait for me like some angel of tragedy
I have to set you free
Darling you should be long gone, oh long gone by now
You should be with someone, someone

Mutya:
Glisten and shine
You promised me

George:
You've gotta face it woman, you ain't ever gonna change me

Mutya:
Where will I go, what do I know
About life without you
You promised me you'd never leave me, no
This is not real love

Slightly serene ambient type beat in the background, ballad, with some drums and strings in the background at certain points.

Sounds like it could do well and suits Mutya's voice well.

Can be found in the usual places.

The track's great and hopefully will grow on me much more. I expected something a little rockier but oh well... It's good enough.

Wow... rather nice. I always love hearing new material with Mutya on it... she seriously has the most gorgeous voice, and makes every song she's on worth while.

However, the lyrics seem rather improvised - they don't have much rhythm or regularity. EDIT: I "understand" it better every time I play it. I really like it now.

It's more of a grower song. The melody is not readily apparent. Should sound quite nice sitting next to the other hits. Can't figure out which songs he will try to squeeze onto this record. He'll have to leave a lot off.

The song in my opinion is boring. I expected a catchy upbeat song.......not this. I like GM's older stuff this was poor but Mutya's vocals are great only positive thing about the song.