Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 1569 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't find it tasteful what happened as soon as I was banned. Anyway, I don't even want to talk about those people. MKS from now on!

2. Welcome back.
    Don't let the nasty people get to you...I was branded a troll for just saying I enjoy your videos.

3. Well thank you, I just can't deal with that anymore, I'm leaving the thread.

4. Drama emerges.

So, I'm interested in knowing where people think this will chart? I know it isn't all about chart positions, but I am curious. The way people on Popjustice act makes it seem like this will go to #1, top-selling single of the year, etc. but I'd just like to know where fans think it'll realistically place.

5. If it gets Playlisted, top 5, if it doesn't, top 30.

6. K94

K94

I predict #13

7. Considering the radio is not touching this, the fact that they did no high-profile promo for it, the single being ok but rather flat and that more or less only people on music forums but not in the "real world" actually knows about this comeback... I think realistically people here should prepare themselves for a flop in the making.

Obviously they deserve so much better, but unfortunately it points at that direction.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
  8. This sounds on the money to me.

9. Hi. Do you know how Radio 1 playlisting works? With a release date of 1st Sept, it is not supposed to be playlisted yet. 31 July and 7 August will be the dates we find out if it has or if it hasn't. Until then, no point in discussing this.

10. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Top 15, out to the higher 20s in week two, almost out of the Top 40 by week three and out of sight by week four.

11. Any news on the video? We should see it in the next week or so correct?

12. Georgina1515

Georgina1515 Guest

If we have Miss Berrab.'s video right now instead of August 19th so there's also a chance.

13. It's been played on Radio 1, Radio 2, Radio 1Xtra, Heat Radio and The Hits Radio as well as smaller local stations. It also won the review show on Radio 1. It's nothing major, granted, but we're over a month away from release yet so that's the reason this hasn't been playlisted. Fingers crossed airplay increases next month as it should!

14. It still more than a month till the release date. No need to worry about the airplay (yet).

Oh and Soundboy when you were banned you probably got a message about it via PM.

15. I am praying so hard for this to do well that...I thought I heard God whispering in my ear.

16. I honestly am not worried about their singles chart positions. A single flopping is rarely a reflection of how well an album will sell these days.

17. I said much the same, that it's typical of American directors to want them to sex it up and got accused of being anti-american ('lol') As it stands it looks more like a video that would suit Boys than Flatline. I hope there's some kind of grainy filter (as some have suggested) and a story and it really isn't just them dancing around on the beach. Find it very hard to connect the song with the video stills at the moment.

18. It would be a bit bizarre if Radio 1 snubbed it, given the amount of support they've had already and the fact they're aware of how well received it's been in general. The question is how long will they keep it on the playlist for. Ideally it would reach A-List 2-3 weeks before release and then it's likely chart positions will dictate what happens. A Live Lounge performance/interview will go a long way as well.

Capital's a long shot though, since it doesn't really fit in with the 5 songs they have playlisted.

19. As far as 21st century pop goes, I don't really see what's wrong with being anti-American. The current American take-over has been a disaster for creativity and diversity in pop music. This video effort doesn't seem to be any different.

20. What the fudge has happened to this thread?

After hearing the song I thought that it would be quite a hit. I think it deserves to be but I no longer think it will be.

I just don't see any real hype- I hope to be proven very wrong though.

They need a top 5 and it needs to hang around for a bit. I'll be gutted if they get dropped after one album. Talk about deja-vu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.