Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 2325 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Georgina1515

Georgina1515 Guest

Previously I didn't know they booked Dev. I thought he found and reached them himself.

2. Keisha telling the story of how they asked Dev Hynes to work with them, was somewhat interesting.

I also laughed at this:

3. Except they're still excited for the album - and ready to support them! They're also the only pop group amongst reams of white guitar bands. NME also lists them as still being with Polydorks...I mean, Polydor.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  4. Georgina1515

Georgina1515 Guest

I think now they are more a soul group than a pop band. Only Boys is a pop song among their new stuff (judging by all lyrics).

5. I'd say all their music is pop, just with other influences, as with all Sugababes music really. Like Boys is an electropop inspired pop song, Lay Down is a RnB inspired pop song etc.

6. Lay Down in Swimming Pools isn't a pop song at all.

7. I'd say it's a pop song in spite of itself. For a 'proper hip-hop' kinda-cover, it could hardly be more melodic/'poppy'.

8. duckface

duckface Guest

Boys is amazing.

9. I'd say this good news is more likely to be in relation to a new label than getting the name back.

The most verifiable piece of information on this forum is that they were dropped. I am not 100% certain but i'm pretty sure that the whole ''getting the name back'' thing was merely mentioned by someone on this forum and then it suddenly felt like a fact.

The key in my opinion is them getting a label (and a manager, please, a manager) that gives a shit so they can get the bloody music out. I am hoping this is what this new 'celebration' tweet is about.

10. duckface

duckface Guest

I can't believe MKS might be the new JoJo.

11. Oh bloody hell just start a Pledge Music campaign while people are still bothered.

12. Whenever I listen to Mutya sing Fast Car I imagine she's singing about leaving the Sugababes.

13. duckface

duckface Guest

Keisha Buchanan is Mutya's alcoholic father.

14. Georgina1515

Georgina1515 Guest

Mutya's father is a samurai, he-he. So Keisha is - from the point of music..

15. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Can the official Twitter account just be merged with Keisha's personal one? She's the only who seems bothered about interacting with the fans when there's nothing going on; annoys me to see her be slated for being 'unprofessional' when I'd say she's the only one giving 110% and trying her best to keep some form of momentum going by interacting with the fans.

16. duckface

duckface Guest

It doesn't really inspire confidence when a pop star has mental breakdowns on Twitter. And I don't find posting cryptic tweets that you know will confuse people to be particularly 'professional'.

What would be professional? Maybe hiring some decent PR company or at least a social media intern.

17. Since when was the use of Twitter 'professional'? Oh get over yourselves.

Mutya Keisha Siobhan, I'd like to see them get a great new PR company that won't put them in a niche market, stylists that allow for their individuality but still connect the group (and not ALWAYS covering up Mutya's tattoos) and an actual manager - someone who will give a shit enough to push hard for them.

18. They aren't the new Jojo. She at least realized that her record label was screwing her over and decided to do something about it. Secondly, they need to piss off altogether until EVERYTHING gets sorted out (their schedule, promo and management). They had years to make this happen. We can blame radio for not playing them but the rest is down to them and Polydor.

With their talent and industry support it shouldn't be hard to find a decent manager. What's the problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.