Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 2328 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well doesnt matter anymore because the domain is still for sale.

2. duckface

duckface Guest

Finally. You'd think she'd have gotten a move on by now. Creating some Sugababes branded material that actually sells might have given her leverage in court.

3. The fact that the website remains for sale kind of makes me think getting the Sugababes name back isn't on the cards? Surely it's something they would have made sure they secured early on? Just a thought.

4. Getting exclusive rights to the name doesn't mean they are going to call themselves that...they could do it for the extra royalties and to control any release (compilations etc.) that Island would want to make in the future.

I mean, even if they want to get the name back, it's possible that they are not interested in things like putting up an official website.

5. Rod

Rod

Mmm, just checked the records for sugababes.com and it says it's been updated on January 14th. Going by MKS's tweet, could this be a sign?

Nah, it's probably some weird coincidence. Just like almost everything with these girls *sigh*

6. SBK

SBK

Buying the name off whoever owns it won't give them ownership of the songs? They'll still belong to the songs publishers. They'll get performer royalties anyway if they sang on the songs.

I don't think they'd be able to stop island releasing anything anyway.

7. I pointed this out when the whole talks of them getting the name back started - they might as well have been pursuing it to stop any silliness of "rival" Sugababes groups or to be able to stop future cash-in releases.

Who knows really. It's probably nothing and we'll wait another six months until Polydor have finally dropped them.

8. If they win the rights but they share with Island the use of 'Sugababes' on CDs (goods of class 09) Island could still release compilations, but Warner would have to ask for permission/pay a fee in order to re-release One Touch.

Actually, writing this I realized that as of today, there can't be a re-release of One Touch, because the only ones who have the right to release new music under the Sugababes name are Island and that misterious 'Sugababes' entity. So they could very well seeking for the name in order to make that happen.

Am I wrong?

9. Funnily enough, there was talk of a One Touch re-release!

10. duckface

duckface Guest

If they re-release an album we've all had for thirteen years before releasing the album they've been holding from us for an age, I will do something drastic. I might even unfollow them on Twitter.

11. I doubt it will happen before the album, but I do think One Touch would benefit from a re-release.

12. That's crazy talk! Don't even suggest such heresy!

13. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I want her life.

14. If they do indeed have a new label I expect a press release including single release date within a month.

15. duckface

duckface Guest

I used to live for her haute cuisine brunch Instagrams.

16. Siobhan is the new HoliDannii. I swear she's always on a holiday (HoliDonaghy?).

17. [​IMG]

http://twitter.com/keisha_buchanan/status/423822235892457472

I'm surprised that no one is overanalyzing and overreacting about Keisha's Instagram post about God. Usually anything she uploads is assumed to be about MKS, and it's actually a positive message. Siobhan even commented in agreement.

By the way, I don't necessarily think it's MKS-related, but it very well could be.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  18. In other words, God has now said there is no news.

19. Actually we already talked about it (last page or so). The conclusion was: new record deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.