Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 2394 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I'd be surprised if it was anything more than that; it's the chorus of the song, if they sang any more it would be Mutya Keisha Siobhan featuring Metronomy, not the other way round!

2. Unless they did a mash up of their song with Metronomy's a la Disclosure/Lorde/Alunageorge at the Brits!

3. People seem to be forgetting that Metronomy are doing THEM a favour by letting them sing a few lines.

4. Ray

Ray

Maybe MKS will announce their new line-up!

5. And quite right too. We must expect them to do a little bit of the song, because there's a difference in reinterpreting songs...and stealing them in front of the actual band. They are too classy to do something like that to Metronomy. Gosh, I can't wait to see them standing together. I'm actually listening to Lay Down in Swimming Pools and I want an entire album of it. NOW.

Joe Mount is doing British pop a favour with this performance.

6. Calm your hyperbole.

7. Check and calm your avatar!

*In all seriousness, it's an inspired idea to have MKS do the harmonies, and exactly what I would do if I had a band. Joe Mount knows what he's doing.*

8. I hope this means they might be working with Metronomy/Joe Mount - I adore his two tracks on Nicola Roberts' album and the stuff he's done with Cocknbullkid.

[video=youtube;yjIVMfGVvb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjIVMfGVvb8[/video]

9. I would love for Joe Mount to produce an MKS track.

10. Much like someone else we could mention!!

11. Oh goodness, I'm salivating at the thought. They need to go full-on indie soul.

12. Metronomy are woeful. Why are they doing this? MKS are so much better than this.

13. Because their first single tanked and they aren't "above" free publicity.

14. Trying to imagine goddess Mutya rehearsing this.

15. Joe Mount is definitely of the age where he'll have been a fan of v1.0 first time around, so I bet he's actually really chuffed at this.

16. Yes, I thought so with Dev Hynes too. Katy B is a big fan as well. Talented musicians and artists, each and every one.

17. As much as its good thing for them i disagree it is what they need right now. MKS dont need more industry love. MKS dont need to be more credible. They already have it all and they had it even when all we had were just rumours about the reunion. They need radio support and audience love(beyond fanbase). Thats why i think this event wont change anything for them. Its convincing those who already were convinced. But its good they do something

18. kal

kal

After some thinking I've come to the conclusion this is just one of the many straws we've been given to hold on to over the period of the last 8 months, but how many more are there going to be?

19. I suspect a couple more, but better this than more breaking up or being dropped by the label rumours, right?

20. I doubt anyone expects it to change anything, it is what it is. A public appearance at The NME Awards. With luck it'll remind their label that there is interest in them. Also, I would love for them to get on radio and playlists, but this might ever happen. So I'm happy for them to be out there again, doing what they do best: singing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.