Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 2395 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Well, the fact they're performing at an awards ceremony clearly shows something's working for them, whatever that something may be. I hope a combination of management and label.

2. ADM

ADM

I got an email off Twitter, kind of review of whats going on with the people I follow. The subject was 'Not Giving Up', it was more about the Saturdays video but also mentioned this performance. Twitter knows.

3. kal

kal

Don't worry about it. They'll probably air some irrelevant interview during the MKS performance, just like the New Year fiasco.

4. Apparently the girls are in the studio with Dev Hynes today. Exciting as they make great music together, but what does that mean for us? More delays??
    http://instagram.com/p/kzxRAzsp7H/#

5. They were in the studio few days ago aswell. Maybe recording new songs.

6. LJB

LJB

Fuck knows. Recording doesn't ultimately mean further delay. Siobhan was hanging out with Dev the other day at some fashion thing.

Someboy, if you're allowing this thread, can you at least merge it and give it the proper title 'Mutya Keisha Siobhan - General Discussion'..?

7. Great news that they've continued to work with Dev Hynes as he seems to understand their vision. Maybe they're planning for an August release.

8. duckface

duckface Guest

Don't try to apply logic to his methods.

But anyway, recording sessions is good news in my book. At the very least, things are still 'happening'.

9. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

And yet at the same time, aren't happening either... just hoping that the Metronomy performance marks the start of the comeback trail.

10. LJB

LJB

I think there'd be real cause for concern if they were in the studio with Guetta or something, but the fact that whatever it is, they're keeping it MKS and investing more with he who helmed top #50 SMASH Flatline suggests Polydor's panic stations aren't set too high.

11. I'd say it's more likely the girls are featuring on a Blood Orange track than yet more recording for their album. But stranger things have happened.

12. He is touring, it could have been a social visit. He might be working with them on an idea on how to perform with Metronomy.It might be a remix. I really don't think it will be new stuff.

13. That's what I was thinking. He's planning to bring out an album alone yes? Maybe he wants the girls on a track or two.

14. Cupid Deluxe came out only five months ago though, and he seems to have found a compliant muse in Samantha Urbani. I wouldn't expect to hear the results of these recording sessions, but they are probably more for MKS than for Dev.

15. JohnR85

JohnR85 Guest

It could be post production...they were in the studio with Future Cut recently too.

16. I weep with joy at the sight of MKS with Dev Hynes together in a recording studio. I hope the reason presents itself in the next week or so. Ahem.

17. duckface

duckface Guest

It might just be another Swimming Pools-style 'bit of fun'.

18. If they ARE recording new songs then what is going on? Why would polydor pay for more sessions? They had so many songs already. Were they just scrapped? Or maybe they're trying to find new lead single? Maybe they were dropped, lost some songs and need to record new ones?

19. You are freaking out for a simple picture. It could be anything, and going by Mutya's latest comments, it's probably nothing major.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.