Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 2397 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does this mean they're with Bastille's management?

The thread title needs to go! We know they still exist.

2. Sadly I think Polydor were unhappy with material they produced in the studio and ordered them to shelve it all and go back to the drawing board.

3. kal

kal

I think the marketing team at Polydor truly has no clue how to visually present and promote their material, because MKS are not the traditional commercial pop girl group, like The Saturdays or Girls Aloud.

As Kirkland has preached, they really need a new label.

4. They need HAIM's management. Or HAIM's album, they basically need to become HAIM.

5. I don't think Polydor is that picky, otherwise they would have shelved the recent Saturdays albums. Some of the tracks on the new album will be a few years old, so who knows what is being worked on, if anything. What I find encouraging is that Polydor don't seem to mind them working with Dev Hynes. I'm glad Flatline isn't seem as some sort of black mark against their record - because it's fucking brilliant.

I wanted them to work with Artful Dodger for an old skool garage track. Their pre-gig mixtape was glorious; from Lush Life to Fill Me In...it was heaven for lovers of that sound! They got to have Flatline remixed by MJ Cole, at least.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  6. Just open the other thread!

7. LJB

LJB

I sincerely doubt they've ever been working to a deadline. That's not how it works for many artists, even major artists often just go on recording until the nth minute, finding random songs that end up becoming first singles (Push The Button) or recording things so late they miss projects altogether (Britney - Telephone).

The albums done and I imagine the girls will carry on recording, just as studio bodies. Some may get last minute inclusions, some may not, I doubt any of this is label sanctioned.

8. TONIGHT!

Unless it isn't?

9. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I'll be racing home to catch the start of the live feed at 8pm!

10. The awards start at 8.45pm so don't rush too hard.

11. Cause tonight! Is the night!...

I havent listened to the original song yet, kinda want a pleasant surprise with their version. Unless its something like Entertainment

12. The original is dull as dishwater. On the plus side they can only improve it.

13. They can improve it by singing something else!

14. SOON

If they have any sense they'll announce the album on the back of tonight's performance.

15. They won't announce the album, but a single would be nice. Something, anything, would be great. Siobhan and Mutya have told people we'll get something soon. Yes, I know some fans will post that boring as fuck "9-12 weeks" comment, or variations of, but I like to think something is finally happening now.

16. duckface

duckface Guest

Medevac, your avatar is way out of season but please keep it.

17. NEVAAHHH

MKSmass is year round, honey.

18. Ray

Ray

Well, is it possible they meant tonight's backing vocal performance?

19. But at least one of them, I think, talked about the album. Could someone please (once again) make clear what exactly they said? Would be very nice!

20. Older

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.