Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 2400 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Gotta be honest, their harmonising left a lot to be desired.

2. It sounded a little off-key overall to be honest. But it's probably because Keisha was the only audible one, so the harmony didn't really work. But meh, not much they could have done to save that mess of a song anyway...

Brilliant! Something positive at least.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  3. They can out sing everyone in that room. It's probably a touch of nerves. But this is most definitely a great thing for them, and with luck it helps convince their shitty label to hurry things along with the next single.

4. It was a bit rough tbh, and didn't help that they were singing the same two words ad nauseum.

5. Loooooooooooooooooooove leeeeeeetteerrrrrrrrrs

6. I wanted them to break into the chorus of Boys during that song. The indie kids deserve to dance too!

7. Solenciennes

Combination of nerves and the microphones not being at the same levels in my opinion, Keisha was way louder than the other two and it clearly put her off. I don't know who secured this performance for them but it's a sign that the wheels are in motion at least... can only hope that a single announcement is coming within the week!

8. SBK

SBK

Keisha totally turned their mics down.

Theyd have known she was going to do it if they'd read the EMAAAAIIIILLLLS she sent lat month.

9. If it's over then this thread can be too.

10. Read above, please.

11. Does anyone have footage of them presenting the Award for Best TV show at NME last night?
    The performance was alright, the broadcast sound was horrible leaving Siobhan's vocals out.

12. A few fractured thoughts about last night:

The mixing was completely off, but those at the ceremony were very favourable in their tweets. I also liked seeing MKS stand in front of Metronomy, rather than behind them. They also got a nice cheer from the audience when they were introduced.

Oh and this was their practice harmony backstage:

http://instagram.com/p/k61-8lKw6B/

And finally,

I'm so glad they're back and I'm glad this thread is back too.

13. They sound like heaven in that rehearsal.

14. They sound flawless - and I use that word in the proper context - in that rehearsal.

Do you think they actually watch Breaking Bad?

15. Solenciennes

That Instagram clip shows what it would have sounded like if the audio had been at equal levels on all the microphones. You couldn't hear Siobhan or Mutya really in the live performance, we all know they're brilliant live singers, maybe it sounded better to the audience at the awards than it did to people viewing at home.

16. The clip was brilliant. Shame it didn't translate into the performance but it's not their fault.

17. I like the performance and it has introduced me more to Metronomy, I quite like the song but there needs to be a MKS version released on iTunes! i would definitely download it.

18. Agreed.

19. I like Keisha's new bob.

20. Why bother? Even loads of (most of?) loyal MKS fans didnt like it. If anything a free soundcloud version would be enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.