Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 2573 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't see them losing any of the songs they've performed live. The only reason to take songs off of them would be to give them to other artists, and it's unlikely they'd do that with songs that are already public. It's no different than a leaked demo.

2. I agree, I don't think they will have lost songs we have already heard.

They may not have lost anything but were asked to pay higher prices for them now that the stakes may be higher with the name back.

Business be business.

3. Keisha said they will release the album on 'their terms'

Do you think they weren't happy with the sound direction of the songs they recorded on Polydor and have decided to record new stuff their way?

4. No Regrets needs to see the light of day!!!

5. LJB

LJB

I think people are severely overestimating how much material they recorded under Polydor.

6. I'm not sure about Mutya's new lips...

7. Here for Love Me Hard, not for Boys.

8. I agree. I think the album was pretty much done, all Polydor did was add that late session in America. Flatline was one of these tracks, which they can't now lose as it has been released. They have probably lost the Sia track and wasn't there a Diane Warren one? These will be gone. They may keep the Dev Hynes stuff (if there was more) as they seem to have a good relationship with him. I bet the sessions now are to just get a few more tracks to chose from to finish the album off.

9. Uno

Uno

Can anyone update me on any recent (actual) news? So much filler in this thread.

10. SBK

SBK

Considering they recorded most of the music before they signed I'd say it has nothing to do with the direction.

Basically the person who signed them left and his replacement wasn't as into them, it had nothing to do with the material.

11. They started recording in November 2011, signed to Polydor in spring 2012 (March or April) then went to America in early February 2013 (sessions with Sia, D.Warren, Dev Hynes and more) and came back in early March 2013, the album was finished in late Spring. So as you can see they were recording under Polydor for around a year, not only the US sessions

12. Did we ever find out who produced Victory?

13. No I don't believe we did.

14. There person that signed them is the president of Polydor, and still there.

15. kal

kal

Any new info you're allowed to share? Or is there still an embargo on everything?

16. They've been working with James Newman and Jonny Ghostwriter, both of whom are part of the Black Butter/Rudimental gang. Newman co-wrote 'Waiting All Night'. Which is very encouraging.

17. Yes, and Ghostwriter produced a great portion of the Foxes album. I'm excited about all of these studio sessions.

18. I hope this album is basically:

1. Witches Brew
    2. Young & Beautiful
    3. Shades of Cool
    4. Counting Stars
    5. Trippin (Missy Elliot Remix)
    6. Lies
    7. AlunaGeorgeesque track
    8. Call You Out
    9. Stronger
    10. Say Yes

19. I wouldn't really want any Lana style songs, more In the vein of Katy B is what I've always wanted from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.