Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 361 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Isn't the whole point of this reunion to show people that THEY are the Sugababes. No other name would be logical.

2. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Re: The original Sugababes are back.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Anyone who's ever looked up Sugababes on Wikipedia is met with the facts. And even if they did think that, the kind of press that will come with this reunion will quickly correct them.

3. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

So they're met with the facts that two of the members left of their own accord?

4. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Do causal fans actually look that much into these matters anyway? I don't think so. The focus of this relaunch is about them, as the original Sugababes, being back together making music. If you see these three women together being interviewed on TV, in the paper, or what have you, you can bet you'll here the phrase Original Sugababes a zillion times. There's no need to worry about anyone viewing this as another lineup change. No one's going to care about why.

5. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I need a pic of Siobhan and Keisha hugging outside a recording studio or something! AH

6. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I'm thinking of my Last.fm...

7. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Reading what Keisha just wrote on twitter, I'd say it all will start next week.

8. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I may well have a heart attack if that were true.

9. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I did say in the next three weeks about a week ago...

10. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Or it could be this very same weekend...She could've meant she's going to have a good weekend because she's going to rest for what she's doing next week...Or because she's going to have a lot of fun singing with her 'sistas'.

11. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I can't afford to fly to the UK to stalk them and fall to my knees and cry this soon!

They'd best take over the world like my slightly irrational childhood nostalgia demands of them.

12. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I love your avatar, Fancygreen.

Next week is going to be the most important week in British pop music in a long time. Unless of course they aren't making the announcement next week, in which case it will be a week like any other. Hmph.

13. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Fancygreen I love your avatar too, if I knew how to mash up videos properly I'd have made one of Twist Of Fate/Freak Like Me/Freedom but your avatar got the best bits anyway haha. Ahhhh I really hope this kicks off soon!!

14. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Regarding the name, if you compare with other reunions it definitely makes sense to use the original name for the original group, if that's possible. When Take That and Spice Girls got together again it would have been daft of them not to call themselves that, even though the names were less appropriate the second time around.

I think Mr. PJ argues that the name "Sugababes" is soiled by now, after too much drama, but I don't agree with that. True, things were less complicated with TT and SG, with four members remaning together through the duration, and only one member each storming out. But I think with Keisha as a core, and the only non-Keisha album failing to make an impact on the charts, there's a comparable continuity with Sugababes too.

The bigger problem is if they can actually regain the name, and that depends on if the present lineup is willing to let it go.

15. vasilios

vasilios Guest

This is completely different.

A year ago a band named Sugababes was still active.

16. MJH

MJH

Hardly, they've never released anything for 2 years.

17. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

But they were in the public eye still doing shows ect

18. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I have a preference to bury my head in the sand when it comes to that. (And this despite not disliking that lineup's album.)

19. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I'm amazed over the lack of information over this project. There are plenty of rumours but we still don't know which label they've signed to and we don't even know their name. I'd become used to the idea of them having a brand new title, but suddenly more rumours are 'out there' that they're going by Sugababes again. Yet the 'official' karaokebabes site is still up and running. I very much doubt they're going with Sugababes as their band name. Surely the site would be down and the news out by now?

20. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

The present lack of information is a bit frustrating, but it feels natural too. And if there's legal work involved one should expect things to drag a bit. A quick Google search for drawn out court cases reveals one that is still going on after 175 years, for instance. So there not being any confirmation on the name yet is probably not indicative of anything. There are better reasons for believing that they won't return with the old name, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.