Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 369 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

"(Up In Da Club) Shakin Ma Twinz" needs to be their real single.

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Re: The original Sugababes are back.

The entire suspense of this is both worrying yet entirely captivating.

3. duckface

duckface Guest

The Mean Girls comparison is amazing.

But I wish he'd used better photos.

4. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

^YES

He was just lazy and used Wikipedia.

5. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I think they need a good song and they will be massive. No one expected the Sugababes to be huge ever again and then Freak Like Me came along. The success of this reunion just depends on the material. I am a huge fan of the Origibabes and will buy any record they'll ever release just to complete my collection. But let's be honest. No matter how much hype or press they get if the song is horrible no one will buy it.

But I'm pretty sure it will be amazing.

I would also love a press release ignoring everything ever happened in Sugaworld abfter One Touch.

6. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

That only way that would happen is if the material sucked. And it doesn't.

7. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

But they were never huge in the first place. Freak Like Me made them huge. They were never huge before that.

I don't think the press release should ignore the history of the band. Everyone knows that nobody would be interested in this reunion had 2.0/3.0/4.0 never existed. Without the subsequent line ups this reunion would never have happened.

Am really excited to see what they come up with though. I hope it's awesome.

8. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

The press release should just say this regarding the years between One Touch and the new album:

"Upon Siobhan's exit Mutya and Keisha recorded 3 more successful albums with former Atomic Kitten singer Heidi Range who went on to appear on TV's "Dancing on Ice"

9. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Meow!

10. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

And let's not forget Mutya's critically acclaimed stint in Big Brother.

11. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Angels with Dirty Faces? Originals? I thought that referred to the first line up sans Heidi?

12. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

The perspective of having a press release in any moment is killing me.

13. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

General concensus appears to be that we want a really bitchy ignorant press release. I am feeling something like this.

"The highly acclaimed early noughties girlband are back and better than ever. Originally known as the Sugababes who had a string of 4 contemparary pop classics, Siobhan left in pursuit of solo ambitions. 11 years passed and after Keisha and Mutya kept the flame alive with new memeber Heidi, Mutya left to have a baby while Keisha prepared the new replacement Amelle to takeover as leader of the Tribute act which is currently known as the Sugababes. After Keisha was fired for working Amelle too damn hard (those girls don't have the ambition) the Sugababes name was set in stone as a tainted mark on the landscape of noughties pop. There was only one thing left to do. With Heidi becoming a professional figure skater and Amelle having nervous breakdown, final replacement Jade (former Eurovision flopstar) vanished into the abyss. Mutya knew something must be done to save some face (and her implants) she must reclaim her former glories. Becoming friends with Siobhan and working her brand new booty off to make her and Keisha kiss and make-up, the original Sugababes were reformed. With their brand new single, "Hate" and their brand new name "Salty Implants" the women are back, and better than ever (or at least Soul Sound)."

Thank you and goodnight.

14. Guest member

Guest member Guest

There's no way the words "Eurovision", "Jade" or "Ewen" are going to be in it.

15. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I want the lead single to be titled 'Freedom'.

16. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I can't wait to see all the awkward answers they give about their time in the band before.

Siobhan will be fine - she's been dealing with it for years - but I imagine Mutya won't be able to hold her tongue and Keisha will make her usual barely-cryptic, compliment-seeking remarks. Bring. It. On.

17. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

They would probably be best just being entirely honest about it. Siobhan left because as young girls she felt like she wasn't apart of the group which consisted of her and two girls who were close friends before the group started. Mutya left due to the birth of her child and suffered from post-natal depression (is this true? I feel I heard it somewhere), and Keisha was fired because, well they're just going to have to figure something out for that.

18. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

It'll be more abstract and creative than the usual run of the mill press release. I wouldn't mind reading a press release from their original launch actually... anyone got one? I have lots of promos but no sheets with them. I think we'll get a 'first play' annoucement the same day as the release is put out. It'll be 'game on' any day now. It IS exciting.

19. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Their interviews are going to be fascinating. Siobhan has to explain how/why she's changed her mind so drastically from just a few years now, and I hope Keisha give more details about her departure, the rumours of Mutya willing to re-join the band when Amelle was supposed to be gone, the recordings she's done for her solo album and how is her relationship with Island.

Oh, also...

20. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

OH MY GOD, FUCK YES. I hope Xenomania works with them soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.