Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 371 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

The singer was called Sherry Davis, she wasn't in Trinity Stone (although they had a member called Cherri).

2. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

[​IMG]

3. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

And also...

[​IMG]

4. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Doesn't that last picture sum up the unique essence of each Sugababes? That's a pop group worth a million quid right there!

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Mutya looks so cute! I've always liked that shoot.

6. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

It's a brilliant shoot, Siobhan looks the best!
    It's been shot in Austria in June 2001, there are also solo shots from each girl.

7. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I like how the graffiti says Suga Bitches and Mother Fucker. Nasty, mean girls... look what 'they' became. Also, based on their handheld items; Musician, vandal, serial killer. Ha!

8. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

If they have indeed signed to Polydor than they'll be alright. No offense to The Saturday's or their fans but they aren't an album selling group. Quite positive that the originals were dropped due to their poor sales in the UK as oppose to the rest of Europe and Japan.

9. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I found one of my promo copies of One Touch and here's the press release:

Sugababes "One Touch" Released 27/11/00
    When Sugababes stormed the charts a couple of months back with the infectious "Overload" it made them prime contenders for the UK pop/R&B crown and with their debut album, produced by Cameron McVey (Massive Attack, Neneh Cherry) and Matt Rowe (Spice Girls), they may well have succeeded. "One Touch" delivers a sassy blend that belies the band's age and contains such as the next single "New Year".
    Further info: Jo Bennett for London Records T: 020 8874 3545

I thought it'd be fine to include that last part since London Records doesn't exist anymore.

10. vasilios

vasilios Guest

They just relaunched!

11. MM

MM

Hopefully they will finally upload the 1.0 videos to YouTube. Not they even took down the lousy TV-rips, it has become impossible to find the video for classics such as 'Overload' or 'Soul Sound'.

12. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

That Overload performance never fails to make me laugh. My favourite bit is when they all cross their legs over at the start of the first chorus. You can actually see Keisha and Mutya trying not to laugh a few times too, they must've known how ridiculous the routine was.

13. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Hi

I'm new to Popjustice, LOL! I can't believe how you guys find all this stuff out...all of you should work for MI6.

On another note, I wish the Sugababes or whatever they are gonna be called would just come out with it. Technically its been going on since 2009. Thats a looooonnnnnng time. I hope this albums good though i hated when they went down that cheap pop direction. I hope the new one is soulful/90s r&b but definitely pop.

hopefully hopefully

14. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

You think we'll get to the 500th page of the thread before we hear any official word from them? That would be quite an achievement.

15. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Easily achievable.

16. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

They're doing the 20 biggest brands in pop on 4music and surely the Babes will be no1, hopefully this means there is news coming soon

17. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I don't follow the thread that much. Is anything official (even just rumoured) or is it just here on popjustice?
    Has any of the girls commented on the reunion?

18. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Pretty much everyone but them has confirmed the reunion. The most 'official' source I can think of is Emeli Sandé saying she wrote a song for them and that they sound great together.

Apart from that, there are multiple connections, insiders reports and signs on twitter, they speaking with their manager, producers referring to their work with them and tagging them in the message...

All them three have said they have new music coming in the summer, they have just not confirmed they're doing it together.

19. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Yup. Agreed.

My fave is Mutya great voice great attitude great appearance in Big Bro.

20. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Great, thank you for summing up everything for me!
    That would be very interesting. I've connected their music/sound with early 00's, I can't even imagine how they'd sound so many years later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.