Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 372 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

From people hinting and such a big record deal sounds like the music must be great

2. MM

MM

Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Pretty much amazing, going by what people who heard it are saying. I think it was Sandé who said their new music is the better than anything they ever did. I don't know if she meant them as the Sugababes or if she is adding their solo material to this as well, but anything as good as One Touch is already good enough for it to be amazing.

3. LJB

LJB

It's just a bit bizarre to know that this record can only be amazing. A Siobhan record by itself could only ever be amazing, but Keisha and Mutya too? It's slightly terrifying to think how good this will be. I guess Mutya is the one with the worst quality control (if we don't count Keisha's stint on Sweet 7 but, clearly she knew it was shit all along, she doesn't even like Change) and even Real Girl was a good 7/10.

Then you have McVey and Co. and it's all just very exciting really.

4. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I liked Siobhans albums but they were a bit too pretentious in places. With Mutya's realness and Keisha's pop sensibility they can hopefully all balance each other out anyway.

5. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Somehow the term 'genre re-defining' is gonna be applied to the results of their efforts. And I now expect a masterpiece that will blow people away.

6. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I literally get goosebumps just contemplating that prospect. One Touch is my favourite album of all time. To think that they might equal that, or even top it...arghhh, hurry up girls!!!!!

7. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

The Soul Sound video has never been put down, it's been on YouTube for years now (6 years actually!) the same goes for New Year. Only Run For Cover & Overload have been deleted over and over again..

New Year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwM0Z-f_zkk

Soul Sound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkkyKm6ixw

Soul Sound (without logo)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP2qNnLaRzI

8. duckface

duckface Guest

Oh, I do love Soul Sound. Oddly, I think it's aged the best despite absolutely hating it when they chose it as a single.

9. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Any more news about what the act itself is going to be called, yet? My bet on/suggestions for the band-name is a toss-up between Version One and First Draft.

10. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I still want them to be called "Version One Point Oh!"

11. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I think we should make a list of names
    Babes1.0
    Your touch
    One touch
    The 98's or The 99's (whenever they were created)

I'm out....

12. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I can't really can't even begin to imagine how utterly showstopping their first single is going to be. And it'll NEED to be.

I haven't been this excited about a 'pop thing' since, well, since they released Overload, really.

13. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I completely agree, Maureen. I can't over emphasise how bored I am with British pop music right now. This original Sugababes aren't only desired...they're required!

14. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Pretty sure that, whatever the quality of the song when it has its first play, this thread will be full of people screaming how crap it is.

15. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

^Unless it's genuinely bad, I would be surprised if that happens. Then again, you never know with the PJ forum..

16. RJF

RJF

On the flipside, it will also be full of people chucking the last ten years of the group under the bus.

17. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I think it will be the opposite. Even if the song is crap, there's probably plenty of people who will be saying how amazing it is, just because it's the 'original Sugababes.'

18. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

The idea of throwing the fourth lineup under a bus has a certain appeal to it.

I will only criticise any lineup which follows the second, because I genuinely believe those two lineups to be truly bad versions of the Sugababes. I consider the second lineup an extension of the first; they're still the same group and still contain their unique magic even if Heidi is there instead of Siobhan. The last two...I don't know what the hell they're about and I don't think I could submit to their awfulness, not even through a casual listen of their albums. But then again they're not really a passing concern these days, thanks to the reunion.

19. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I wonder how the first picture will look like. Wether they'll go for a casual shot of them three smiling or they'll go for a more artistic direction, with serious faces and looking to the distance...

20. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I want a midtempo as lead single.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.