Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 420 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

No real news here, but Siobhan tweeted me earlier, so happy!
    Anyway....when's this album kicking off?

2. Loveplus31

Loveplus31 Guest

Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Catfights + Spotlights is such a lovely album. Even though behind the scenes Keisha may have been in charge, it still sounded like a proper girl group album, they all had their moments to shine on each song. I would place it above some of their more 'popular' albums. I would love something that is as vocally driven for this album as that was.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
  3. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

My psychic powers are being blocked by their combined amazingness but the subliminals suggest very soon. They've done the album cover, so that's something at least.

4. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I think Every Heart Broken is one of the best songs they've ever recorded and I think it was a missed opportunity for a single release. I think the problem is that it felt like it was trend chasing with the sound of the album; about a year too late. They sounded great vocally and I do like a good few of the songs but it all fell flat for whatever reason. I think Three is the best album the Sugababes have put their name to, personally.

5. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I used to hate Three. I remember when it first came out, it was put up against Sound Of The Undergroud, and I couldn't believe they'd gone so bland. The ballads, the mid-tempos, the lack of more Hole In The Heads...but now I can admit I was totally wrong. Three is a brilliant album and their second best after One Touch. Taller and Angels are neck in neck after Three. I think if they were asked what was their second favourite album (after One Touch) then Keisha and Mutya would probably say Three. And they'd be right.

6. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Catfights is a good album, but it feels like such an anomaly. There was nothing on Change that hinted towards it, and then the complete 180 degree turn afterwards suggests it didn't have many supporters within the Suga inner circle. I don't know if it really is "Keisha's album," but in a way, it's hard to look at it any other way.

'Every Heart Broken' is every bit a Sugababes song though, regardless of the line-up.

7. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

'Oh dear'.

I'm not sure if I accidentally closed this thread or not, but regardless, it's open now.

8. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Thank you.

9. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I really just think that 'Girls' did Catfights no favours. The Boots advert was being hammered all-day and every day, and it got to the point where the song grated on you before it was able to grow on you.

10. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Catfights and Spotlights is one of my favorite Sugababes albums, along with One Touch and Three...
    I think Girls is a nice song, but a terrible choice for lead single...
    It's more of an "In the Middle" type single than a lead single...
    Can you imagine what would have happened to Three if In the Middle was the lead single???
    And speaking of Three, I remember a fan Q&A shortly before the release of Get Sexy in which Keisha was asked what her favorite album was...
    The only answer she gave was that it definitely wasn't Three...
    I was surprised to hear this, but in retrospect I have a feeling that they didn't much care for the singles that were released from that album...

11. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Catfights & Spotlights is definitely one of my favorite Sugababes albums as well. As a whole, it's very enjoyable to listen to and I love the brilliant harmonies on it.

12. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Keisha's conversation with a friend

"@AngelaSimmons
    @keisha_buchanan come hereeeeee! ☺"

"@keisha_buchanan
    @AngelaSimmons I'm counting down the days till I finish this album!!!!! Beliiieeeeve me! Miss you guys"

I wonder how long it will take to finish this album. Considering that previously they were tweeting about finishing the album in May.

13. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Yay it's back! Was not enjoying the mixture of the two lineups in the same thread at all.

14. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I'm pleased our good ole' Original Sugababes thread is back at the top of the forum where it belongs. Discussing them in the 'Current' thread made me gnaw on my knuckles. I just couldn't take to discussing the likes of Amelle and Jade. I hope we have some new topics of discussion soon such as new music and possibly even an interview or a brand new official group shot of Keisha and Siobhan delicately holding Mutya's talons in an effort not to have their hands slashed up by those nails.

15. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Nice, to see this thread back on track finally!

Am I right when I say we should be getting some announcement, or at least a tiny little confirmation from them during this week about what's going on at the moment, as Siobhan told someone the soonest we'll hear about the project, is in the next two weeks.

16. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

Well, thank goodness we have separate threads again!

I feel this week wouldn't be the proper time to announce themselves officially. There would be a bit of girlband overload, with the Spice Girls reunion last week and Little Mix premiering the single just days ago....it wouldn't feel so special.

17. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I agree with you, belmon, it isn't quite time for the announcement.

18. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

And i think they will wait with the press release till the album will be finished. But hopefully it will be July.

19. Re: The original Sugababes are back.

I want all six Sugababes grazing in that Great British meadow Danny Boyle dreamed up for the Olympic opening ceremony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.