Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dag

Dag

Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

I'd like to see Siobhan do Get Sexy and Easy please.

2. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

I think they'd struggle to come up with anything as fucking dreadful as Get Sexy. And About A Girl is mediocre at best.

I really hope this is true. They should just call themselves The Originals.

EDIT: I just realised I got confused as there are so many bloody versions of this group!!!

3. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

Have we had any 'source' beside Holy Moly?...

Because I don't want to feed the rumour, but yesterday the responsible for Ponystep indeed told me that they were reforming, and that he was getting prepared for a common interview in the weeks to come. I have no idea what it is worth, and even though it got me all excited yesterday evening, I didn't want to start a stupid rumour based on what someone (however 'connected' they are) told me on Facebook. But now that there is a thread for this...

4. kal

kal

I'm waiting for confirmation from Mutya's manager. HE BETTER HURRY THE FUCK UP BEFORE MY BRAIN IMPLODES.

5. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

Even if they do reform, im sure hardcore fans will be delighted. But lets face it the general public are very fickle musically and wouldnt care, Sugababes were never the Spicegirls in terms of level of fame. Sugas 1.1 couldnt never sell out the O2 arena within 1 hours.

Sugas 4.0 look more relevant today, so is their sound. Sugas 1.1 are straight out busted, sorry to say but between Siobhans Ginger hair, Keishas weight issues and Mutyas implants, they'd look more like a tibute act to Miss Frank. Sure their broody nature was cool in 1998, but the industry is more about edge and sex appeal 1.1 has neither.

6. tommie

tommie Guest

O. M. G. O. M. G.

I'm so fucking excited right now that I lollerz omging and everything else that is forbidden on PopJustice.

7. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

Sex Appeal has brought Holly Valance and Rachel Stevens so far.
    They are Pop Icons because of it.

And giggling like airhead bimbo cheerleaders in interviews is not my idea of "edge".

8. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

The three girls currently wearing the mantle are NOT the real Sugababes. Heidi is the only one I'd consider to be a credible Sugababe but she gave that right up when she sided with Amelle. But nobody can say that a reformation of the original lineup is in anyway wrong or spiteful. They could unleash one of the best pop albums of the year in that lineup.

This is probably the best news I could hear other than a Betty Boo comeback. I pray this is true. British pop need Siobhan, Mutya and Keisha to gig. I need them to gig.

9. kal

kal

Anything to do with the original Sugababes reforming will be seen as spiteful, desperate etc. by the brainwashed 4.0 luvvers.

All I can do is laugh out loud at comments like that.

Also, if this is indeed true, even if the group album doesn't succeed in the charts, they'd still get solo deals which is a win-win situation for all.

10. Charley

Charley Staff Member

I wonder, would the world implode if they recorded 'Punching Out'?

11. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

Perhaps Sugababes 1.1 will change the music industry being about sex appeal, and they'll take it back to actually being about the music? And by the way, sex doesn't always sell, just because 4.0 are taking things to new extremes doesn't mean the whole industry is about sex.

Just because they aren't stick thin provocatively dressed women who show off nipples in music videos doesn't mean they 'look like a tribute act to Miss Frank'.

Even if 1.1 flop, it will make 4.0 look ridiculous because you can't have 2 Sugababes.

12. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

All this is probably Bull Shit,But if it's true then that "Low" song that recently leaked is something Mutya & Keisha have recorded recently and that other girl was someone singing what would be siobhans part.

13. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

There is SOMETHING going on...

14. tommie

tommie Guest

Of course it's totally evil to do this, but it's so right at the same time! It shows how cynic the industry is and gives a big fuck you to it too! Which is what 1.0 was all about.

As for 4.0 having "edge"... bwahhaahhaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha. Etc.

15. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

It's Jade I feel bad for.

16. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

I doubt if this reunion is real Keisha & Mutya are doing it to be spiteful. Maybe seeing Sugababes 4.0 "in action" just got them thinking about old times and what's been missing from the charts recently.

17. Charley

Charley Staff Member

How long has the poll about the name of Sugababes 4.0 been taken off the homepage?

18. kal

kal

I'm pretty sure it was still there a day or two ago.

Coincidence? HMMM!

19. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

I like(d) her. But she made her bed and has to lie in it now...

20. Re: The Original Sugababes are Back!

Oh my. This must be the best Sugababes-related news ever since Mutya's departure. I hope this is REALLY happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.