Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion | Page 718 | The Popjustice Forum

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Album Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by rofo, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

Shivvers sounds amazing on Freak. That is all.

2. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

They are going to stroll in and gobble up all the cool Sugababes singles and reclaim them as their own in 2013, aren't they? Good luck to them. Clever of them to not perform anything new, mind... they have to give us something before the month is out.

3. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

[​IMG]

4. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

Siobhan needs to ditch her fiance and start a relationship with Keisha, it's only fair on us as fans.

5. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

Ebony and Ivory.

6. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

Ok I'm back home now. 'Twas amazing!!!

Way better than I thought it would be.

If they put their mind to it and make sure the material is top notch, there is no reason why they can't own 2013.

7. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

So good, if this is what they're producing now. Shit me me! Did they do diamonds? They fing own

8. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

Just heard the Freak Like Me recording. Everyone rendering it as amazing is just wrong. Even 4.0 did more with the song than they did. Not a harmony in sight and Siobhan, as brilliant as she is, just sounded oddly similar to Heidi. I thought they'd have done a bit more with the track, oh well. I'm sure they probably did more with other songs?

9. JohnR85

JohnR85 Guest

Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

Shush! It was bliss!!!! All of it...unless you were there cease to comment. That is ALL

10. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

Agreed it was good but amazing? No.

11. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

I'm commenting on the recording I just heard. It was sub-par and felt just as karaoke as people accused 4.0 of being. There was no effort to add their own spin to the song and not one single harmony. Siobhan brought nothing new to it, and thats coming from a massive fan of hers. When Sugababes 4.0 put more effort into making that song their own, I just feel I should point out how 'by the numbers' it felt, but as I said, other songs probably translated better.

12. K94

K94

After my initial excitement died down, I agree with duckface. They should really be doing past songs particularly songs after Sibohan's time coz then they become a tribute band a la SClub 3 rather than a group that wants to start a brand new era as a fresh, foward-thinking group. They are not gonna do that by going backwards.

13. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

You may all be over thinking this.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  14. K94

K94

Not really though - Yes maybe this was their first gig and they wanted to please the fans but they shouldn't be doing Freak Like Me and other previous material (maybe Overload and New Year will be acceptable). It cheapens the comeback.

15. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

It's their first (unannounced) gig on New Year's where the idea is to just jumpstart the conversation, "Oh! They're back!"

It's not the place to debut the new single.

16. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

I love how they so obviously gelled, probably better than the first time around. I'm one of those who thought it was great when Heidi took over from Siobhán - but that was then, this is now. Siobhán singing Freak was a vision of what could have been, but obviously wasn't. That they can reenact such a thing now is a good sign! They hopefully have more mature material now that fits how they have developed, but that wouldn't be a million miles away from either One Touch or Angels with Dirty Faces.

So for me it was as good as I thought it would be, but it was brilliant to experience the reality of it! Even if it was over in a few minutes...

17. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

I agree. If I hadn't known better before listening to it, I would have sworn it was a 3.0 performance of the song. Mutya sounded exactly like Amelle does when she sings it and Siobhan was unidentifiable. There was nothing technically wrong with their vocals, they just didn't do anything notable with the song. It was just a very generic performance that could have been done just as well by any of the four incarnations of the band. I'm holding out for new material.

18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

4.0 put more thought into Freak Like Me? Don't even. Two of them didn't even record the original, so their "contributions" are almost necessary to justify even their attempts at claiming them. Let's not try to turn any tables here. Mutya and Keisha almost have a right to "be lazy" with 2.0 hits as 4.0 have to be "innovative" with them.

19. Re: Mutya/Keisha/Siobhan. They're back.

Why should they make it their own, when they have 2/3's of the vocals present? And, sorry but I completely disagree with your claims that 4.0 'made it their own'. The replacements tacked onto the Mutya's and Keisha's verses. 'Tis all.

Lastly, someone mentioned that they'll be uploading a video tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.